You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal match thread

The Bugged Out

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone hear about Fabregas asking Gerrard to swap shirts in the tunnel at half time? I heard the commentators mention it' date=' but didn't hear if Gerrard had actually complied with his bizarre request. Anyone hear any more about this?

It doesn't even happen at full time in Prem games, never mind half time. So what the hell was he thinking of?[/quote']

He wanted to sneak into the Liverpool team for a half so he could play, just once, alongside the legend that is Crouch.

Something to tell his grandkids about, you know.

Correct on both counts.

It's not that deluded... they did have spells when they were dominating possession and they hit the post twice. Also remember them missing a few sitters. If their finishing was better, the game would have been much closer, but we deffo deserved the win.

The same could be said of us against them in the FA Cup though.

They're just pissed off because they lost to a better team, rather than one stopping them playing and muscling them out.

Having all the possession in the middle of the park doesn't make them a good team.

The same pundits that were creaming themselves over Arsenal's football and their youngsters are now saying Wenger needs a serious rethink at the end of the season.

Apparently, we're now only one top striker away from challenging.

Watched the highlights again and Mascheranos pass for the 4th is superb. He manages to get some great spin on the ball to play it perfectly for Pennant.

The guy is going to be a top player for us next season.

I wouldnt be surprised if we sign him on a proper long term deal in the Summer.

I wouldnt be surprised if we sign him on a proper long term deal in the Summer.

I hope so. Makes you wonder what the West Ham fans think when they see him playing against players such as Fabregas and totally dominating the midfield.

Does anyone actually know the ins and outs of the deal we have him on. I have heard we have him on a 18 month contract with a view to signing and ive also heard we have signed him outright for £10 million. I hope the latter is true as he would be a bargain at that price.

I hope so. Makes you wonder what the West Ham fans think when they see him playing against players such as Fabregas and totally dominating the midfield.

Does anyone actually know the ins and outs of the deal we have him on. I have heard we have him on a 18 month contract with a view to signing and ive also heard we have signed him outright for £10 million. I hope the latter is true as he would be a bargain at that price.

Bascombe said £1.5m for 18 months mate, cant remember anything else he mentioned but I assume we have to pay a big fee at the end of the 18months or during it if we wish.

Made up with that win and performance. I can't fault a single player, they were all superb, obviously Crouchie was the star man and he deserves the plaudits. He scored 3 superb goals and now only needs one more for double figures.

Bascombe said £1.5m for 18 months mate, cant remember anything else he mentioned but I assume we have to pay a big fee at the end of the 18months or during it if we wish.

I think we have the option to keep him by paying £10m.

I think we have the option to keep him by paying £10m.

I've heard £5m, £8m, £17m, and now £10m.

We won't buy him until next year either way, no reason for that when we've made an 18 month deal as it is anyway.

I've read a bit of the thread and there does seem to be a big difference in the opinions of people who watch it on the box compared to those who went.

1.Gonzalez was very very poor again.

2.Mascherano had an excellent game,breaking up so much play it was a fine defensive midfielders performance.

3.Jermaine Pennant was a constant threat,although he does need to calm himself down when decisions don't go his way,he runs around like a loon for the next five minutes.I've stated many times that I like the kid and i can see something in him,even though he has a cocky attitude i've been impressed with him this season.

4.That was a very good all round performance from Crouch the ball stuck his finishing was excellent and he caused them major problems.

5.Also a great save from Reina but yet again he dropped 3 easy balls that came into the box,he has to keep hold of them.

I would agree with all of that

I thought Pennant's performance & attitude were good today & he made a significant contribution.

What is the consensus , should the security staff at George Henry Lees be put on red alert under 'Operation Fivetimes arse '

( see #18 )

I reckon so!

The same as every league game shite.

Although the daytrippers in the Upper Anny were very load with the easy easy chant.

Can't these people just fuck off.

I heard the Easy chant after the Arsenal goal, and just assumed it was the Arsenal fans.

On the subject of "fans", did anybody see Ferdinand kick the ball as hard as he could into his own fans because the referee brought back play for a foul on Ronaldo? The ball hit a woman in the face and all he did was put his hand up. Drugee twat.

On the subject of "fans", did anybody see Ferdinand kick the ball as hard as he could into his own fans because the referee brought back play for a foul on Ronaldo? The ball hit a woman in the face and all he did was put his hand up. Drugee twat.

Yeah, I saw that on motd. What a Grade A cunt.

Very good performance.

Pennant showed a good attitude, but a dodgy last ball left him down a bit too often. Has made massive strides since the start of the season though.

Gonzalez was awful again. There is absolutely nothing to suggest he'll come good in his next season either. Riise remains a much better option, despite his own limitations.

That was the best hatrick I've seen in a long time. Absolutely awesome and I'll be disappointed if he doesn't start against PSV.

That was the best hatrick I've seen in a long time. Absolutely awesome and I'll be disappointed if he doesn't start against PSV.

I don't think he will start against PSV. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to start, though. I believe Riise, Finnan, Bellamy and Kuyt will all play against PSV.

I don't think he will start against PSV. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to start, though. I believe Riise, Finnan, Bellamy and Kuyt will all play against PSV.

Which gives totally the wrong signals to players busting a gut to perform each game. If Crouch doesn't play it would just seem so wrong, and with his recent lay off he is well rested. And I have just realised just how well he did yesterday considering he has just come back from injury.

Which gives totally the wrong signals to players busting a gut to perform each game. If Crouch doesn't play it would just seem so wrong, and with his recent lay off he is well rested. And I have just realised just how well he did yesterday considering he has just come back from injury.

Players do as they are told Rash. That includes Stevie G.

I've read a bit of the thread and there does seem to be a big difference in the opinions of people who watch it on the box compared to those who went.

1.Gonzalez was very very poor again.

2.Mascherano had an excellent game,breaking up so much play it was a fine defensive midfielders performance.

3.Jermaine Pennant was a constant threat,although he does need to calm himself down when decisions don't go his way,he runs around like a loon for the next five minutes.I've stated many times that I like the kid and i can see something in him,even though he has a cocky attitude i've been impressed with him this season.

4.That was a very good all round performance from Crouch the ball stuck his finishing was excellent and he caused them major problems.

5.Also a great save from Reina but yet again he dropped 3 easy balls that came into the box,he has to keep hold of them.

I don't think Reina accidentally dropped those crosses. He does it on purpose - takes the ball and drops it into space in front of him. He obviously thinks that's a safer option than keeping hold and possibly fumbling the ball.

He nearly came unstuck in the first half when he lost his footing before re-gathering the ball.