You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The great big lets focus on the derby instead thread

Dirk

What's the deal here then? Win? Lose or draw? I think we'll skull fuck them. We need a show of unity from our supporters, it's easy for a sense of frustration with non-footballing events to spill over to the players. We need unity now more than ever.

My team would be:

Reina

Finnan

Carra

Hyppia/Agger

Riise

Aurelio

Gerrard

Alonso

Pennant

Kuyt

Bellamy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two up top for me, and I'd go with Kuyt and Bellamy. Better movement and pace. Crouch can be held back to be used an an impact sub should we need that around 70 mins.

I don't know how far away Momo is, but Rafa could shock us and throw him in. This is the sort of game he revels in.

We need to get stuck in and fight fire with fire. After a bit of bluster and going toe to toe our superior quality will tell. 3-0 for me.

Get off the fence....Hyppia or Agger? you can't have 12 players!

It depends on whether you think they're going be an aerial threat. They're probably going to have to play Beattie and his lack of mobility is telling so they'll resort to lumping it to him. Hyppia.

I think he'll stun the world and play 4 3 3 with Masch man if he's allowed or Momo starting. I know both have been out for ages but it wouldnt surprise me if either started. Alonso was incredible away to Juve in his first start back, Gerrard majestic at home to Arsenal that time after his injury (He played about 30mins at Boro before) so I wouldnt be shocked if we go 4 3 3 especially if Masch is available as it allows Alonso and Gerrard even more freedom.

What's the deal here then? Win? Lose or draw? I think we'll skull fuck them. We need a show of unity from our supporters, it's easy for a sense of frustration with non-footballing events to spill over to the players. We need unity now more than ever.

My team would be:

Reina

Finnan

Carra

Hyppia/Agger

Riise

Aurelio

Gerrard

Alonso

Pennant

Kuyt

Bellamy

Yeah id go with that team. I wouldnt play Crouch, I think that would suit the BS by making it a long ball fest. Keep it on the deck, Xabi pulling the strings, Dirk in between Cahill/Carsley and Bellamy running between their FB/CBs.

Agger can cope with whatever they've got up top, be it Johnson or Beatty.

In short: 3 lovely points.

Yeah id go with that team. I wouldnt play Crouch, I think that would suit the BS by making it a long ball fest. Keep it on the deck, Xabi pulling the strings, Dirk in between Cahill/Carsley and Bellamy running between their FB/CBs.

And then we'll be home in time for a nice cuppa YAY!