You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst pundit line-up ever?

Section_31

(posted this on the RF by mistake, someone delete it please?)

What's the worst pannel of pundits you've ever seen on a footy show?

'Final score' on BBC yesterday was probably the worst i've ever seen, Les Ferdinand (not that bad) was flanked by Garth Crookes and fucking Carlton Palmer - what these two don't know about football could fill a book.

Do I have any advances on this shower of shite?

I remember just after we beat Reading (I think) Carlton Palmer was asked by the presenter If Reading could get back on track after losing their last 4 games. The clown replyed with "well, out of those 4 games, they have played the three best teams in the country in Arsenal, Man u, and Chelsea, you cant expect them to get results at those grounds." I just sat and thought "what a tit" so Reading can be expected to come to Anfield and get a result can they! I'm probably going OTT about it, but it seemed really 'meant' at the time.

I remember just after we beat Reading (I think) Carlton Palmer was asked by the presenter If Reading could get back on track after losing their last 4 games. The clown replyed with "well, out of those 4 games, they have played the three best teams in the country in Arsenal, Man u, and Chelsea, you cant expect them to get results at those grounds." I just sat and thought "what a tit" so Reading can be expected to come to Anfield and get a result can they! I'm probably going OTT about it, but it seemed really 'meant' at the time.

even considering liverpool have only got beaten ONCE at anfiled all of 2006

I find it so very hard to distinguish between the dross and the merely cliched mediocrity these days. I mean when someone as contrived in his provocativeness as Mark Lawrensen is regarded as being one of the top pundits, what does that say about David Platt, or Le Tissier, or...?

*Rattles on for several pages listing names of ex-pros who see no reason to get off the Premiership gravy train when they can get paid thousands to watch football and be as bland as possible.*

Get quality journalists in front of the cameras and people who aren't afraid to say "He's shite", "That was very dull" or "He is quite obviously a filthy cheat". I want to see the likes of Stuart Hall, James Richardson, James Lawton, Michael Robinson and the three Irish nutters who always have a battle off the telly over there.

They don't even need to show the whole match - just the talking points would do. We can use the existing coverage for the actual football itself. I want some original and thought-provoking analysis, insight and critical comment. There is such a gaping chasm of a gap in the market for a programme like that on British telly.

All I really want is honesty and balls.

You need someone to say Drogba is a dirty diving bastard only matched by Andy Johnson and Van Diver at Arse.

Call Chelsea boring crap. Call moreen boring dull egotist.

Talk about football like we all do down the pub.

But we have nothing but glorified wank sessions over Chelsea etc. Al dull chat when everyone agress with each other and says drogba is the worlds best striker and they want to suck him off.....

God even Tim Lovejoy is better than some of the dross served up by BBC, and he cannot even talk without a video prompt.

Why are we always left out when ex-players talk about the top Premiership clubs?

Warren Barton did it today when he spoke of Newcastle not being at "Chelsea's, Manchester United's and Arsenal's level." My best mate (big Man Utd fan) was watching it too and even here said "Arsenal? What about Liverpool?"

(posted this on the RF by mistake, someone delete it please?)

What's the worst pannel of pundits you've ever seen on a footy show?

'Final score' on BBC yesterday was probably the worst i've ever seen, Les Ferdinand (not that bad) was flanked by Garth Crookes and fucking Carlton Palmer - what these two don't know about football could fill a book.

Do I have any advances on this shower of shite?

Les Ferdinand being flanked by Garth Crookes and fucking Carlton Palmer? Did you get that off Ashley Cole's mobile?

Worst line up for me would have to be:

Garth Crookes (as asinine a presenter as you could hope to see, master of the compound question, which he then answers himself anyway).

Alan Shearer (intensely boring and seems to have no understanding whatsoever of anything that happens outside the box).

Andy Townsend (brainless spiv who makes me scream vile abuse at the telly every time he's on).

Sorry, but... Mark Lawrenson (someone needs to tell him that whilst occasional sarcasm works well, his attempts to portray himself as a sardonic observer with a caustic wit are actually making him come across like a depressive, whining bastard without a good word to say about anyone).