You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wigan

aws

Made up with the win as it was vital to stop the rot but disappointed we didn`t kick on in the second half.We still look very flat at the minute.

I think it`s time to give Kromkamp a start maybe on the right and put Gerrard back in the middle with Hamann and give Alonso a break for a few games as his form is very poor recently.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today a lot of the lads looked very leggy, Alonso and Gerrard to name but two have looked off the pace for some time now.

No one looked fit and the one reason for that is the pitch, think its a lazy excuse to say tiredness everytime we dont play that well to be honest. We're just not playing our best at the moment, dont think being tired is really a factor for me.

We needed the win today badly. It wasn't a blinding performance by any stretch of the imagination, but we ground out the result on a pitch that was, quite honestly an utter disgrace.

It was obvious to us all that we would suffer a slump at some stage, fatigue is now becoming a major factor in my humble opinion. Today a lot of the lads looked very leggy, Alonso and Gerrard to name but two have looked off the pace for some time now. The form of Kewell has been the only real bonus over the past 4 or 5 games.

I stand by my prediction that we'll finish 2nd but I expect a few more problems along the way. Not strengthening right midfield was a major blow. Teams now seem to be able to predict our pattern of play and as such we struggle.

I think if we beat Arsenal then 3rd at least is ours, but have to say I agree about the Gerrard/Alonso fatugue facture but that could be down to ultra human performances earlier in the season. We ground out a 0-1 win and that's all that matters. It is a massive game now on Tuesday.

Made up with the win as it was vital to stop the rot but disappointed we didn`t kick on in the second half.We still look very flat at the minute.

I think it`s time to give Kromkamp a start maybe on the right and put Gerrard back in the middle with Hamann and give Alonso a break for a few games as his form is very poor recently.

Kromkamp is a defender and not an attacking player, we will be frustrated with him there sooner or later.

Guest Pablo-B
No one looked fit and the one reason for that is the pitch, think its a lazy excuse to say tiredness everytime we dont play that well to be honest. We're just not playing our best at the moment, dont think being tired is really a factor for me.

Spot on, lad. I get the impression it's our fans who are tired more than the players.

And we haven't played that many more games than the other top sides.

I think If you start telling yourself you're tired, then you will be.

Guest Pablo-B
Kromkamp is a defender and not an attacking player, we will be frustrated with him there sooner or later.

Looks pretty good at attacking to me. And what else would you suggest with the amount of games coming up?

Spot on, lad. I get the impression it's our fans who are tired more than the players.

And we haven't played that many more games than the other top sides.

I think If you start telling yourself you're tired, then you will be.

Rafa said similar things. He said if we discussed about fatigue and mentally drained than it would occur so he never answered any of the questions from the press about the topic.

We needed the win today badly. It wasn't a blinding performance by any stretch of the imagination, but we ground out the result on a pitch that was, quite honestly an utter disgrace.

It was obvious to us all that we would suffer a slump at some stage, fatigue is now becoming a major factor in my humble opinion. Today a lot of the lads looked very leggy, Alonso and Gerrard to name but two have looked off the pace for some time now. The form of Kewell has been the only real bonus over the past 4 or 5 games.

I stand by my prediction that we'll finish 2nd but I expect a few more problems along the way. Not strengthening right midfield was a major blow. Teams now seem to be able to predict our pattern of play and as such we struggle.

I'd agree with all that. Robbie's return has been a good lift tho and I really think he will give us a lot extra in the last third as his fitness improves. I'm confident he will naturally link up well with our more intelligent players like Xabi and gives us the movement we've been lacking up front.

We really do have to take some chances with the fringe players and rotate the squad - was lucky Sami played in the end tho !

I'd agree with all that. Robbie's return has been a good lift tho and I really think he will give us a lot extra in the last third as his fitness improves. I'm confident he will naturally link up well with our more intelligent players like Xabi and gives us the movement we've been lacking up front.

We really do have to take some chances with the fringe players and rotate the squad - was lucky Sami played in the end tho !

I was hesitant over Robbie coming back mainly because I idolised him so much and didn't want that image tarnished, but I agree it's given us a lift and if he gets match fit and stays fit then it could turn out an inspired signing.

You're right about Agger and other such fringe players with Europe around the corner the games will come thick and fast.

I was hesitant over Robbie coming back mainly because I idolised him so much and didn't want that image tarnished, but I agree it's given us a lift and if he gets match fit and stays fit then it could turn out an inspired signing.

You're right about Agger and other such fringe players with Europe around the corner the games will come thick and fast.

Fortunately we have a long list of players who perform in Europe - I'd say Moro is well worth a punt to score aginst Benfica.