You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Houllier's Last Demons

Red Nick

Nick, Rafa lost to Burnley last season.

Yes and Palace this season but you couldnt see the same thing happening now under Rafa, were much more consistent and now can play badly and beat most teams

Todays result banishes all Houllier's demons

This is the best LFC team since 1991 so lets enjoy it

And those drums. My God those f*ckin drums

:wallbutt: :wallbutt:

Their crowd was pretty vocal throughout but I'd hate to sit next to those cunts with the drums as you say. Don't see the relevance in bringing up a Houllier defeat by Portsmouth. If we're going to put forward half baked argument, Gerard actually won the competition so is well ahead of Rafa in that respect. He's got plenty of time to catch up though - hopefullly at Cardiff in May.

Their crowd was pretty vocal throughout but I'd hate to sit next to those cunts with the drums as you say. Don't see the relevance in bringing up a Houllier defeat by Portsmouth. If we're going to put forward half baked argument, Gerard actually won the competition so is well ahead of Rafa in that respect. He's got plenty of time to catch up though - hopefullly at Cardiff in May.

Slighty off topic but have they decided Wembley isn't going to host the final now?

I don't like generalising, but pompey's crowd are fucking idiots. Every decision regardless of how obvious it was got booed if it wasn't in there favour.

Yeah, every little thing that went against them was wrong, they should have fucking Drogba in the team they'd love him there. I think Dowd has a decent game personally

I say that cos I know a few people working on Wembley at the moment and they're adament based on first hand knowledge that there is no way it'll be finished in time for May.[/QUOT

Need a new stadium building, up against the clock - get Parry he's your man! ;)

I say that cos I know a few people working on Wembley at the moment and they're adament based on first hand knowledge that there is no way it'll be finished in time for May.

Tend to agree their, mate. Judging by the Irish crane operator I shared a train with from Euston I reckon the whole thing might not pass inspection. He was from Kerry Co, though.

we won but i thought it was terrible long ball shite just like houllier, this after the way we passed it around at old trafford

Well, maybe it wouldn't have been like that if we weren't playing on a newly ploughed field. Mrs RiS thought we were playing a non-league side.

Don't think that game did anything with regard to supposed remaining Houllier 'demons'. If anything, Istanbul sorted all that out, confirming once and for all to the whole world that a new man is in charge at Anfield. Under Rafa we have been beaten by lesser teams in both cups, Burnley and Crystal Palace, but I do agree that a new steely determination has come into the side that allows us to win in difficult places, even when playing poorly.

Guest brendan
I remember losing to Pompey in the FA cup one of the low points under Houllier and was never gonna happen under Rafa

I think losing to Burnley in the FA cup was slightly worse.

What a shit, pointless post