You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Techie nerds hear my call and come forth

Stu Monty

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you PC geeks are alike. Stu get a mac end of any problem you'll ever have EVER with the internet.

There are over 70,000 virus's written for pc and around 3 for Mac, no pop ups, diallers, worms, trojans anything.

Othe than that HAVE YOU TRIED REEEEEEBOOOOOOTTTINGGGGGGG

some of us "geeks" use both mac and pc

;)

All you PC geeks are alike. Stu get a mac end of any problem you'll ever have EVER with the internet.

There are over 70,000 virus's written for pc and around 3 for Mac, no pop ups, diallers, worms, trojans anything.

;)

;)

;)

;)

;)

;)

word. best way. i do my digital photo organising and DVD mastery on mac, games and stuff on PC.

not into pc games at all .I do support for both in the job so had to force meself to use mac, but once I started getting used to it can see how much more superior they are to pc's.Hence the work nickname of macdaddy ;)

Boss was gonna upgrade my D505 but thankfully managed to persuade him to upgrade the powerbook instead .Tiger here I come

not into pc games at all .I do support for both in the job so had to force meself to use mac, but once I started getting used to it can see how much more superior they are to pc's.Hence the work nickname of macdaddy ;)

Boss was gonna upgrade my D505 but thankfully managed to persuade him to upgrade the powerbook instead .Tiger here I come

I am still on panther. My g4 copes well with that, but I can't say i need more

Firstly, don't use IE, use mozilla, if only for the tabbed browsing. Then, use gmail. PM me your email and I'll send you an invite. As Gav and freko say, it is a gazillion times better than hotmail, which sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls.

Tabbed browsing has been available for years as additional sw for IE. As of IE7.0 (Beta 2) it's a standard feature.

Firefox struggled for a while, but got better with v1.5. They need to get their shit together on support for the different extensions though.

Tabbed browsing has been available for years as additional sw for IE. As of IE7.0 (Beta 2) it's a standard feature.

Firefox struggled for a while, but got better with v1.5. They need to get their shit together on support for the different extensions though.

They were too slow to introduce tabbed browsing. Most people don't add things to their browsers.

I'm not fighting Microsoft's battles here, I was just pointing out that you don't need to ditch IE to have tabbed browsing, it's been around for years.

Whether IE7 has been brought forward or not I don't know, but I do know that Vista has been delayed so that could be the explanation.