You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best ever Football game?

SharQ

Emlyn hughs on the specy or C64 - brill game early on.

Sensible World of soccer - the only game i look back on with as much fondness was speed ball 2 and supercars 2

Pro evo - its pro evo

Champ man all the way for manager games. although i did spend many days an a game called trebbile champs on the c64

• 4 months later...
Guest TK-421

Best is Pro Evo 4 PS2, best retro is Sensible Soccer on Megadrive or Kick Off 2 on Amiga, worst is Actua Soccer 2 on PS1 or Kick Off on the Gameboy - the hardest game I've ever played!

Best management game is Football Manager on BBC Micro by Kevin Toms I believe with his great beard on the cover, don't play modern management games I wanne be out in the field where the action is!

Guest Kaelin

Before X-Box/Playstaition It was Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga, A Fcuking Gem of a game.

Then it was This Is Football, (Playstation) which was a Easy game too pick up n play.

Now tho its a Choice between Pro Evo 4/5. 4 is pick up and play away whereas 5 needs more time too learn but is Quality.

Overall Sensi or Pro evo 5 for me !

The new Sensi is out soon, not gonna hold my breath cos the one they realeased on the Playstation was abysmal but heres a look at the new one.....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pro evolution soccer series is the best football game on any console. Its realistic style of play is amazing compared to the restricted football your forced to play in the fifa series. Although granted fifa does aspire to create more realism round the match with making it look like ur watching it on sky sports. Although when the action gets going I think its really dull. Pro evo you can do anything you want to really. As for managing games ive been playing the champ manager series since i was old enough to click a mouse and after playing the latest edition of the game, It hasnt lost its touch.

Guest TK-421
Pro evolution soccer series is the best football game on any console. Its realistic style of play is amazing compared to the restricted football your forced to play in the fifa series. Although granted fifa does aspire to create more realism round the match with making it look like ur watching it on sky sports. Although when the action gets going I think its really dull. Pro evo you can do anything you want to really. As for managing games ive been playing the champ manager series since i was old enough to click a mouse and after playing the latest edition of the game, It hasnt lost its touch.

FIFA is dogshit in all of its guises.

Get in box, press circle, ball goes into top corner of goal. EA Sports really went downhill, even their flagship John Madden series was eclipsed by Sega's NFL2K and others.

As for EA's action games, like the Bond movies tie-ins, the less said the better.

Electronic Arts - the Stock Aitken & Waterman of video games.

Yep, I did prefer the earlier versions on the PS2 though as it was easy to pull off a 1-2, beautiful when it worked, Zidane running into the box and a beautifully executed side footed finish from an Henry lay-off, top stuff..

Master league was shite though, you'd pick liverpool and you started off with loads of shite players, and have to win matches to get the points to build your side, you'd find yourself spending hard earned points on the likes of Heskey just because you wanted to keep the team faithfull! Nuts...

They fixed the master league mode in pro evo 5 though. Instead of starting off with nameless randoms you could pick to play with match mode players. That way you didnt have to sign anyone and who in the right mind would want to keep emile heskey. Shame on you.

Regardless Pro evolution when it first started out came with a perfect style of gamin football. It couldnt compete with fifas money hence picking merseyside red or tradbricks. Now their gettin some licenses for names etc so we dont need to play with ryan gregs anymore or milan barog. All in all its already overtaken fifa in sales so soon when fifa admit their games shite. it will become dominant.

Guest TK-421
They fixed the master league mode in pro evo 5 though. Instead of starting off with nameless randoms you could pick to play with match mode players. That way you didnt have to sign anyone and who in the right mind would want to keep emile heskey. Shame on you.

Regardless Pro evolution when it first started out came with a perfect style of gamin football. It couldnt compete with fifas money hence picking merseyside red or tradbricks. Now their gettin some licenses for names etc so we dont need to play with ryan gregs anymore or milan barog. All in all its already overtaken fifa in sales so soon when fifa admit their games shite. it will become dominant.

Ryan Gregs was a great player, so was Giggsy in the later version!

The commentary in the first one on the PS1 was the best. "HE WAS BORN TO SCORE!".

You dont even really need the licences anymore as you can patch your game to look how you want it like this.

untitled1gz7.jpg

the only thing is that you have to bye the games to play them,then if you dont like them its awaste.thats y sokker is good, free to play,not playing a computer playing other people from around the country..forums good aswell.

Actually I worked in game for a few months over christmas. They have a 10 day policy. If you buy a game and generally just think its bollox you can bring it back within ten days for a full refund. People were taking advantage of it though and bringing back games every 9 days to get a brand new one after they beat it so now your only allowed to do it three times on the trot then you have to trade it in for fuck all compared to what its worth. Regardless feel free to take advantage of the loophole twice :P I know I do.

If you want pro evo on your pc its easily downloaded as a torrent called winning 11, Americanised though but like the bloke at the top with the screenshot of the patched new liverpool kit showed. You can make it whatever way you want if you know how.

[quote name=Christianlfc

If you want pro evo on your pc its easily downloaded as a torrent called winning 11, Americanised though but like the bloke at the top with the screenshot of the patched new liverpool kit showed. You can make it whatever way you want if you know how.[/quote]

You can also do the same to the ps2 and the xbox versions. The xbox version is easy like the pc version but the ps2 is a bit more difficult and i have only managed to get the kits and club badges ect on that at the moment. Iv even put me in the game using a photo, sad i know but its furfilled a dream of playing for the reds.

You can also do the same to the ps2 and the xbox versions. The xbox version is easy like the pc version but the ps2 is a bit more difficult and i have only managed to get the kits and club badges ect on that at the moment. Iv even put me in the game using a photo, sad i know but its furfilled a dream of playing for the reds.

^^ can you get a picture somehow I really wanna see how it looks with a real picture, since the players are normally cartoony, if thats a word :/