You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will Crouch prove to be a good purchase?

Will Peter Crouch be a success at Liverpool?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Will Peter Crouch be a success at Liverpool?

• Yes, I rate him and think he will do a job for us
    • Not sure, but have complete faith in Rafa
    • Rafa has fcuked up

Arses full of splinters, not got the bottle to commit themselves. I don't know why they bother. No opinion-don't post on a forum.

To have no opinion is to have an opinion. It is impossible to never have an opinion.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it hermes is the one that voted against then :D

Oh well, at least he doesn't change his mind each time he puts his leg thru a trouser leg like a few others ;)

Exactly. For those who don't know, I have a bet with Paul that Crouch won't score 15 goals in his first 45 appearances. That's if he ever plays 45 games. Rafa will have sussed him by then I reckon.

"Arses full of splinters, not got the bottle to commit themselves. I don't know why they bother. No opinion-don't post on a forum."

So your saying of the current 52 who have voted, 27 don't count because they have sat on the fence?

In that case out of the othe 25, 1 is against the rest are in favour.

Wow 96% think he will be a success then!!

Exactly. For those who don't know, I have a bet with Paul that Crouch won't score 15 goals in his first 45 appearances. That's if he ever plays 45 games. Rafa will have sussed him by then I reckon.

Does anyone else remember the teacher in Charlie Brown? The one whose voice was simply the same dull, monotone, unchanging "mmmawmmawwmaawwmmaaawmmaaww" noise over and over and over again?

Just wondering.

Crouch could well score less than 15 in 45 yet still be judged a success. His contribution will undoubtedly include assists and work as an outlet, particularly when we're under pressure. This in some ways reduces the pressure on him compared to the purchase of a dedicated 'goals per game' target man, but makes it harder to judge him objectively.

Personally I'm getting on 50-1 for top scorer!

"Arses full of splinters, not got the bottle to commit themselves. I don't know why they bother. No opinion-don't post on a forum."

So your saying of the current 52 who have voted, 27 don't count because they have sat on the fence?

In that case out of the othe 25, 1 is against the rest are in favour.

Wow 96% think he will be a success then!!

Game set and match.....again. Hermes is getting caught out more and more these days as people cotton on to the fact that he's just on a wind up.

Don't expect a reply from him, he'll try to imagine that it never happened.

15 goals in 45

dont know the stats but i bet Baros hasnt got 15 goals in his last 45

im sure some bright spark will come up with the stats

Some players might not be state of the art designer player but players such as Carew, Mista & Drogba help teams win titles, becasue the focus is on the team not the player

Crouch could well score less than 15 in 45 yet still be judged a success. His contribution will undoubtedly include assists and work as an outlet, particularly when we're under pressure. This in some ways reduces the pressure on him compared to the purchase of a dedicated 'goals per game' target man, but makes it harder to judge him objectively.

Personally I'm getting on 50-1 for top scorer!

Top scorer for us or in the Prem? Either way, those odds look pretty good to me and, since Monty turned me into a gambling lunatic, I want a slice of that action. So, where do I find Crouch @ 50-1 for top scorer?

Top scorer for us or in the Prem? Either way, those odds look pretty good to me and, since Monty turned me into a gambling lunatic, I want a slice of that action. So, where do I find Crouch @ 50-1 for top scorer?

It was William Hill who were selling of those odds. They're for top Prem scorer. I think he could go close to it with the correct service. I am looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow.

Prepare for a whole year of Hermes digging up dubiously linked comments from clown journalists to back up his vendetta against Crouch. And that's what it will be.

He would rather attack a player who might be doing well than be proven wrong so it's the only course the ship will sail in.

"Nunez was valued at £4m" yes, of course he was...now time for a nap eh?

This poll is quite revealing. For all the support Crouch has had on here, not many are willing to trust their own judgement on the player and predict that he will be a success. Ironically, I'm probably thought of as one of the "Crouch bashers", yet I voted "Yes, I rate him and think he will do a job for us"...

I haven't seen enough of him to say either way. I've seen the good bits though and will be trusting that he will be a decent cog in Rafa's machine.

That's what I don't get about the Crouch bashers - I bet they've never seen him play a full 90 minutes more than 3 times. It's prejudice, not judgement.

That's what I don't get about the Crouch bashers - I bet they've never seen him play a full 90 minutes more than 3 times. It's prejudice, not judgement.

Prejudice? How do you work that one out. I'd say it's based on the fact that he's had 6 months decent form in the Premiership in his career. Against that is:

1. Three years at Villa in which he played 37 games because he wasn't good enough and was sold for 40% of the buying fee

2. Six months at Southampton who were bottom of the league yet he couldn't get a game

Judgement based on the facts is not prejudice, judgement based on "Rafa rates him so he must be good" is.

Prejudice? How do you work that one out. I'd say it's based on the fact that he's had 6 months decent form in the Premiership in his career. Against that is:

1. Three years at Villa in which he played 37 games because he wasn't good enough and was sold for 40% of the buying fee

2. Six months at Southampton who were bottom of the league yet he couldn't get a game

Judgement based on the facts is not prejudice, judgement based on "Rafa rates him so he must be good" is.

Stop moaning. You're like one of those mad old women who collar people on the street to complain about the state of society.