You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

I don't think they ever will. At least, not in any depth. They'll continue bombing from afar and then they'll make a foray into the northern part of Gaza for a bit and then they'll withdraw under some pretext and everything will return to the way it was.

They'll lose a lot of soldiers invading the whole of gaza - far more than they are willing to sacrifice. And Hezbollah will be waiting to open a second front if they over commit themselves.

That's my armchair general analysis anyway.

im-sorry-what.gif

21 minutes ago, M_B said:

I am by no means defending the Israeli's here because I don't put it beyond them to fake something like this. But earshot.ndo do say that they can't categorically state it's a fake.

Edit: Very happy to disqualify it as a source of evidence though given that I never considered it a source of evidence.

That statement is as carefully worded a statement as you'll ever read.  And with good reason.

But it's also a "we can't say it's fake but it's fake" conclusion.  "Disqualified as a source of credible evidence" !?

1 minute ago, razor said:

But it's also a "we can't say it's fake but it's fake" conclusion.  "Disqualified as a source of credible evidence" !?

Yeah. The audio needs taking with a mountain of salt from the Dead Sea. I do wonder if they put it together before they realised there was some video evidence and then thought 'fuck it, we'll throw this in too.'

Either way, I don't think anyone really took the audio seriously. Could be wrong though.

It's just, clearly, a lie. The fact people have spent days discussing it distracted from all the other atrocities conducted in the meantime, and politically tied the west who'd unequivocally backed Israel into a bind of backing them further. They know no bounds. They are clearly intent on the annihilation and absolute limitation of the Gazans. This is not about Hamas. The instructions to move to the south, where theyve bombed anyway, was clearly with the intent of displacing the already refugeed Gazan and either exiling them for good into Egypt, or forcing them into an even smaller corner. If they're allowed to get away with it, they're taking that northern gazan land and the Palestinians are never getting it back.

Furthermore netanyahus whole future depends on this. He's led the principle of not actually negotiating for a 2 state but 'containing' them. It's been proven it doesn't work as long as they live in any substantial number. So he wants to solve that 'problem'

Unless the west see sense to actually stop them, they're going to go in and kill anything on sight

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's harder not be anti-semitic these days. Absolute twats using anti-semitism as a shield. Anti-semitism is easy to spot. I could go back through this whole thread and bar a couple of deranged dickheads not find a single "anti-semitic" post. 

It sickens me that it's used to excuse behaviour. Apparently anti-semitic reports have increased 10 fold in the last week in this country, that may well be the case and it's awful if so but waving a Palestinian flag isn't anti-semitic. 

Punch , did you just punch me? yes, punch back, aaahhhh he hit me!!!! 

Typical bully behaviour.