You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 24th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

27 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Jurgen Klopp on Diogo Jota:

"He scored, felt a little bit (of an injury) and now we found out it's a bit more. He will be out for two weeks."

Fuck sake.

Sounds like Danns has had Quansah clatter him in training.

• Upvote 2

Gutted to be honest.

He's a world class player and he is pretty much guaranteed goals when he plays.

Mo really needs to step up. I'm just hoping Nunez gets a goal and gets his confidence up - he's one of those that could go on a little run of being unplayable and it would be a good time for him to hit a purple patch.

I wouldn't be selling Diogo personally. Possibly could have been rushed back here - if he was I understand why.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Gutted to be honest.

He's a world class player and he is pretty much guaranteed goals when he plays.

Mo really needs to step up. I'm just hoping Nunez gets a goal and gets his confidence up - he's one of those that could go on a little run of being unplayable and it would be a good time for him to hit a purple patch.

I wouldn't be selling Diogo personally. Possibly could have been rushed back here - if he was I understand why.

You'd play Nunez?

I was more thinking play mo up there or even try Mac Allister as a false 9. Something/anything that doesn't involve Nunez in the starting 11. 

We beat Everton if we play good football and pass the ball at the right times. We can cut them open. What we don't need is chaos, that's exactly what Everton would want.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

You'd play Nunez?

I was more thinking play mo up there or even try Mac Allister as a false 9. Something/anything that doesn't involve Nunez in the starting 11. 

We beat Everton if we play good football and pass the ball at the right times. We can cut them open. What we don't need is chaos, that's exactly what Everton would want.

I'm guessing he'll play rather than me madly wanting him to play.

The last few weeks have shown he doesn't have it in him to play at an elite club chasing the biggest trophies. Before it, you could see moments of brilliance and plenty of raw ability. I had a soft spot for him and was thinking he might just make it as a top player because he seems likeable and is entertaining. He doesn't - his level is "very good" player at West Ham who you see in moments in games or match of the day and you think oh yeah that fella is handy. It's different being at a club where every game may decide winning a title which by and large is where he have been at over the past few years. 

Having said that, I do think he has it in him to smash in a load of goals in a purple patch, so hopefully that's in the next five games. Even though he looks full of confidence, I actually think he's a real confidence player and despite his presentation, he's lacking it. 

Mo is the polar opposite regarding confidence. I never get the sense with Mo, he's lacking it. I actually just think he's looking past it as an elite player. Having said that, I wouldn't bet against him making a difference in the coming weeks.

Anyhow, whoever it is, really has to step up with Diogo out for a few games.

1 hour ago, George Costanza said:

Sicknote - time to be ruthless with players who can barely string a run of games together.

1 hour ago, Freddo said:

He’s exactly the same as Konate. Another sick note 

It's hard to tell round here, but... you are both joking? Right?

• Upvote 1

All these players perceived rightly or wrongly as sick notes, how do we get rid?

the Keita and Chamberlain free’s or just hope someone takes a chance. A lot won’t move for lesser money either. A lot seem happy to pick up wages and not play, not for us though I don’t think.