You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

We started the match with no urgency or tempo that’s unforgivable 

It's a pattern.

But it never gets addressed.

And it's not 1230 on a Saturday so that argument gets fucked off straightaway.

1 minute ago, Em City said:

Trent has been genuinely disgraceful. More focused on doing something spectacular rather than just doing the simple, effective thing.

I don't even think you can single out individuals, we were dog shit as a team. Trent has barely played in months either. You can't expect a perfect performance coming back from injury, he probably wasn't even expecting to get any minutes.

We’ve played a good 31 games. But that’s our lot, you can’t drop points against dross like that as we all know. 
Season has ended this week after this and Atalanta. I thought we needed a tweak, I think we need more with an athletic 6 and a striker as Nunez isn’t it. 
These boys are finished this season. 

With Trent he has all the talent in the world but he thinks that is enough it isn't. He never used to be like that but these days he just believes his own hype. I've no issue with him today though he's come back from a long injury.

The finishing though. I'd get rid of all those forwards knee jerk or not I'm sick of their fucking complacency.

Just now, TheSire said:

I don't even think you can single out individuals, we were dog shit as a team. Trent has barely played in months either. You can't expect a perfect performance coming back from injury, he probably wasn't even expecting to get any minutes.

A performance of some sort would be good

Just now, Em City said:

Trent has been genuinely disgraceful. More focused on doing something spectacular rather than just doing the simple, effective thing.

Quite. He is absolutely exasperating. Part of being a top player is making the right judgement at the right time. He hardly ever gets that right. That early attempt, leaning back, trying to curl the ball in - utterly wrong for that situation. Trying to hit the ball back into the area without lookng up to see three players were offside, and he didn't even find them anyway - just witless and irresponsible. And he'll probably think it was all someone else's fault.

• Upvote 1