You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

31 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Don’t get the Robinson love. He’s a decent solid player. He’s a downgrade on Robbo. At least with someone like Ait Nouri you can see a path where they become good enough to usurp Robbo down the line.

Robinson has been excellent this season. I think he's the closest thing to a younger Robbo that I've seen. 

He's 27 in August though, so probably considered too old. Ait Nouri is more likely as he's about to turn 23. 

10 in 100 in the league for Athletic Bilbao. I know, he's young, etc, etc. Also, he's right footed, so he's even less likely to get goals if he has to play on the right.

We really need a left footed forward. Someone like Hugo Duro would be a better option from La Liga. Can play as the nine or wide right, and doesn't need 250 chances every game to score.

Or even Oyarzabal, although he must be 26/27 so obviously re-sale value blah blah.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

That's what most people would have said about signing Robertson from Hull, Mane from Southampton, Wijnaldum from Newcastle etc. 

They were all younger and more talented, not to mention going into a squad with far less quality.

Robinson is going to be 27 in August and is neither better than what we have now, or has a high enough ceiling to become so.

Equally is Adarabioyo better than Konate, Gomez of Quansah and if none of them are going then why bother when we have someone like Sepp we could take a chance on if we were just looking for cover.

The far bigger need is a left footed center back (or someone to play on that side at least).

9 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

10 in 100 in the league for Athletic Bilbao. I know, he's young, etc, etc. Also, he's right footed, so he's even less likely to get goals if he has to play on the right.

We really need a left footed forward. Someone like Hugo Duro would be a better option from La Liga. Can play as the nine or wide right, and doesn't need 250 chances every game to score.

Or even Oyarzabal, although he must be 26/27 so obviously re-sale value blah blah.

100 games at 22 and he appears to be getting better . I see he plays on the right so probably the wrong choice. 

47 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

100 games at 22 and he appears to be getting better . I see he plays on the right so probably the wrong choice. 

He'd play on the left for us. Would be a decent replacement for Diaz were he to leave.

I go back to Neto as well where, yeah the injuries and stuff, but Wolves dont generally drive that hard of a bargain. Him and Olise could be cases where you can get players who have shown elite ability in the Premier League and you arent paying crazy money. But obviously the injury risk is there. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I go back to Neto as well where, yeah the injuries and stuff, but Wolves dont generally drive that hard of a bargain. Him and Olise could be cases where you can get players who have shown elite ability in the Premier League and you arent paying crazy money. But obviously the injury risk is there. 

Is Salah leaving?

Neto has missed 99 games in the past 3 seasons to various knee,hamstring and ankle injuries according to transfer market. Unless you are getting him for a knockdown 20ml or a bosman you don't go near that

19 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Neto has missed 99 games in the past 3 seasons to various knee,hamstring and ankle injuries according to transfer market. Unless you are getting him for a knockdown 20ml or a bosman you don't go near that

I wouldn't go near him for free. It's a waste of a wage, effort and hope. No crocks, he will only get worse.

23 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Or we could just keep getting inundated from how many transfer rumours you hilariously follow.

As I said the other day, if you don’t like these sort of updates, then this likely isn’t the thread for you.