You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

33 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

As I said the other day, if you don’t like these sort of updates, then this likely isn’t the thread for you. 

FNi-98-VIAcoLrF.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smell The Glove said:

Or we could just keep getting inundated from how many transfer rumours you hilariously follow.

People complaining about transfer rumours in a transfer rumours thread!!

We'll have people complaining that Nunez is being talked about in a Nunez thread next...

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

People complaining about transfer rumours in a transfer rumours thread!!

We'll have people complaining that Nunez is being talked about in a Nunez thread next...

True, however, given the price of avocado’s have been established in other threads, I’m more than happy to discuss prices of other super fruit or veg. 

What about the prices of Kale? Has anybody realised it’s actually a bit rank?

Has anybody ever used squash or courgette noodles instead of pasta?

Regular broccoli or tender stem? 

Although creaming up spinach makes it infinitely nicer, does it loose a lot of its healthy nutrients? 

31 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What about the prices of Kale? Has anybody realised it’s actually a bit rank?

Rubbish, its great. Especially with a citrus based sauce

Has anybody ever used squash or courgette noodles instead of pasta?

Rank, a terrible option. Yes its healthier

anne-but-god-at-what-cost.gif

Just eat the pasta

Regular broccoli or tender stem? 

Both

Although creaming up spinach makes it infinitely nicer, does it loose a lot of its healthy nutrients? 

pointless unless its in Saag

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They're wastes of time once they're injured here. 

Name one occasion where we signed a player with a terrible injury record and kept them fit. The clubs aren’t the issue the players bodies are. They’re not built for football. Why bring them here to be injured on our time and wages on the basis of “well they’ve never been injured at Liverpool”.

16 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Name one occasion where we signed a player with a terrible injury record and kept them fit. The clubs aren’t the issue the players bodies are. They’re not built for football. Why bring them here to be injured on our time and wages on the basis of “well they’ve never been injured at Liverpool”.

I don't know, I don't feel like going through a bunch of injury histories. 

I said it when I talked about Olise and Neto; if you are scared about the injuries, ok, go look at other players. But would I eliminate them, I wouldn't. Because I think they could be the best targets.

5 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

We seem to be linked with this fella in the clickbait press. never heard of the cunt until this morning.

Looks throughly disappointing if there's anything in that. Scoring in Belgium is worse than Portugal or Holland. Hardly pulled up trees before this year 5 in 23 and 8 in 31. He's 24 so not some kid you could say looks promising 

5 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

We seem to be linked with this fella in the clickbait press. never heard of the cunt until this morning.

When the ball hits your head

And you're sat in Row Z

That's Amoura

Olise looking good again today. His numbers per minutes this season are superb. If we think his injuries this season are a one off we should be all in for him as a long term Mo replacement this summer. 

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Olise looking good again today. His numbers per minutes this season are superb. If we think his injuries this season are a one off we should be all in for him as a long term Mo replacement this summer. 

He could have scored 20 from the wing if he hadn't been injured. At a small club like Palace which is extremely impressive.

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He could have scored 20 from the wing if he hadn't been injured. At a small club like Palace which is extremely impressive.

Yep, inthe league

18 games/1187 mins

10 goals

5 aasists

A goal/Assist every 79 minutes 

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yep, inthe league

18 games/1187 mins

10 goals

5 aasists

A goal/Assist every 79 minutes 

Hmmmm…

In general, it looks a bit up and down…

IMG_1491.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hmmmm…

In general, it looks a bit up and down…

IMG_1491.jpeg

He isn't 23 till December

He also played the previous two campaigns under some shit managers

The games at Reading are as a 18/19 year old

54 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He isn't 23 till December

He also played the previous two campaigns under some shit managers

The games at Reading are as a 18/19 year old

I’m unconvinced by his injury record or him being good enough for us. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Who is good enough then?

If I was to write a list of players who might be good enough, Olisie would likely be on it, I wouldn’t be convinced by any names on the list, there doesn’t feel realistic any stand outs. 

I wasn’t convinced by Mane or Salah, knew nothing for Firmino, little of Jota, Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo etc… I do trust our recruitment team to make the best decision.