You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How Lazy Are You?

Bruce Spanner

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve started driving round to the corner shop in pyjamas and my dressing gown. PJ/trackie bottoms tucked into socks. 

I just don’t give a fuck any more. As if I’m going through the hassle of getting dressed just to go round the corner for a four-pack of bog roll and two pints of milk.

We have a winner.

• Haha 1

Went the other week, the corner shop was closed. All the lights were on and that but the door was locked. Reckon he must have been having a shit or something. 

Instead of waiting I got back in the car and drove to the shop near where Amy lives. Amy of The Rock Diamond Painting fame. The shop’s a good 30 metres away from the car park and I strolled over there, hands in my pockets like Hugh Hefner. I could tell the shopkeeper was dying to laugh at me. I was smirking back at him, but he managed to hold off until after I’d left. Nice little moment. Makes you proud to be lazy. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

In the past 2 days I've moved from my TV room chair to my bed. Walked to local shops once and the kitchen about 5 times. In fairness I've had a stinking cold. Still feel like shit but can't really be losing anymore money so back to work tonight. Aches have gone but cough if doing me in

12 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I think I'm the opposite of lazy. I can't stand sitting down unless it's for a purpose, like watching a film, reading or having food. Otherwise I'm up and about doing odd jobs here and there. I find it's better for the head to keep busy. 

You remind me of the wife. Her all action behaviour used to make me feel guilty about lying on the sofa all day.

I’ve had to work hard to get past these feelings. It’s been exhausting. No wonder I need to lie down all day.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

You remind me of the wife. Her all action behaviour used to make me feel guilty about lying on the sofa all day.

I’ve had to work hard to get past these feelings. It’s been exhausting. No wonder I need to lie down all day.

My wife is the same, all action and organisation.

We're in lanzarote for the week, I stupidly thought it would involve mainly lazing on a beach. Nope, we've been to pretty much every town on the island, up volcanoes and walked an average of 6 miles a day with the worst days being 9 and 10 miles.

I've not been pissed once for the fear of the next day.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, A Red said:

We're in lanzarote for the week, I stupidly thought it would involve mainly lazing on a beach. Nope, we've been to pretty much every town on the island, up volcanoes and walked an average of 6 miles a day with the worst days being 9 and 10 miles.

That’s torture not a fucking holiday. 

4 hours ago, A Red said:

Grow some balls man, FFS.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Use the time honoured ‘it’s my fucking holiday too’. Guaranteed to get you plenty of time on your own to relax.

This. 

All she wants to do on holiday is walk around the town, buy a load of fucking tat and go the beach. 

I just want to lie by the pool drinking beer and reading a book. The most walking I’m doing is to the bar or restaurant. 

Said this before on the forum but my laziest memorable moment was when I was in the kitchen making something and I shouted through to ask what time it was as I couldn't be arsed looking up at the clock in front of me.

Ragging clothes off hangers and snapping them rather than just removing them properly also a favourite.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm extremely academically lazy and only put in the exact amount of effort to achieve the objective. If I need a C to get into college I'll get a C, no more, no less.

The idea of being proud of competing and beating people to something is baffling to me, be it academia or sport.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I'm extremely academically lazy and only put in the exact amount of effort to achieve the objective. If I need a C to get into college I'll get a C, no more, no less.

The idea of being proud of competing and beating people to something is baffling to me, be it academia or sport.

I'm the same. In fact I'd calculate how many subjects I could stop going to classes for. If nine Cs or whatever it was made enough points to get into college, I decided it would be less work getting five As. So I'd go to English, History, Maths, Geography, and Music and the rest could get in the bin. Spent the time smoking very cheap hash, and playing in the arcades in town.

My lasting memory of my short stint at university was handing in an essay to a particular professor. He had given it a 2.1 so it wasn't a pile of shit, but like every other essay I handed in it had been completed the night before.

I was called in to his office, and he asked me "Is this your best work?"

He knew it wasn't. I knew it wasn't. I knew he knew it wasn't. He knew I knew he knew it wasn't.

We both waited what seemed like an age for the other to blink, before I muttered "very good" under my breath (in admiration for his question) and then took it upon myself to get up and leave.

When I eventually fucked off the degree about half way through the second term, having entirely given up on going to lectures, I didn't even bother informing university until about a week or two after I'd got home.

• Thanks 1