You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (H) - Sun 12th Nov 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

Huge game this now. If we drop points, we'll probably lose at City and our season is in danger of coming apart altogether, the last two or three games have had very worrying signs.

Win & we get our heads back up going into yet another international break.

VAR is fucking shite.

• Upvote 1

I don’t understand the ‘all of a sudden’ collective troubles.

I can understand a player or two losing form but the whole team from a position of strength and positivity are flatlining lately.

Szoboslai for example, he’s played a lot granted but the guys young, fit as a fiddle and super talented. Why has he gone missing in the last few games?

Mac Allsiter for all his positional troubles is a world cup winner and well revered premier league midfielder. 

SALAH is one of the best players in world football, at the pinnacle of his game still.

Whatever you think of Endo the guy is the captain in a very good Japanese side and has bags of experience.

And Trent. The guy was assisting for fun two seasons back, now he doesn’t look capable of creating more than 5 a season.

I could go on, but it doesn’t make any sense. The only thing that does make sense is that it’s a tactical and strategy issue that either the players arnt bought into or that are struggling to adapt to.

Or they are all sick in some way and carrying a bug or two through a busy schedule.

I dont get why we need to have constant intensity to play well, our players are miles better than most sides yet if we drop off slightly the shittest teams just handle us. Can't we just sit deeper make the pitch bigger and use our quality, pace and athleticism to make better use of the space, this high press stuff when most sides don't want the ball, so we win it back! so what everyone is pushed into their area anyway there's no where to break to so we just recycle the ball again and again. Trent has no real space to aim for, players have no where to run and we are trying to thread balls into areas condensed by 18 people vying for space and all for what so we are easy to be countered. Do we really need to play in such a way in order to score goals. Obviously Klopp and Ljinders know infinitely more about football but this is a forum to fuck about, I just don't get the advantages of how we play when most sides have become good at the counter press, have the quality and pace to break and don't mind not having possession. I'm just not interested in the sterile domination football, we are becoming a bit boring to watch, we crave Darwin because he may surprise us.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont get why we need to have constant intensity to play well, our players are miles better than most sides yet if we drop off slightly the shittest teams just handle us. Can't we just sit deeper make the pitch bigger and use our quality, pace and athleticism to make better use of the space, this high press stuff when most sides don't want the ball, so we win it back! so what everyone is pushed into their area anyway there's no where to break to so we just recycle the ball again and again. Trent has no real space to aim for, players have no where to run and we are trying to thread balls into areas condensed by 18 people vying for space and all for what so we are easy to be countered. Do we really need to play in such a way in order to score goals. Obviously Klopp and Ljinders know infinitely more about football but this is a forum to fuck about, I just don't get the advantages of how we play when most sides have become good at the counter press, have the quality and pace to break and don't mind not having possession. I'm just not interested in the sterile domination football, we are becoming a bit boring to watch, we crave Darwin because he may surprise us.

We are a team that lost the identity that it had when it was on fire.

We've been trying to forge a new one and we haven't really properly nailed it - we have very good days, because we have a lot of very good players....but the identity, the being able to really impose what we do and do it to a really high level pretty much all the time is just not there anymore....

It feels at times like we might be there, but then we turn in poor efforts and we are given a reality check - we are very much a team in transition and a team finding and establishing its identity - i am sure it will come and the future is bright, especially as we have cleared out most of the faded and the useless - and as we continue that work and as Klopp gets his "Liverpool 2.0" properly to grips with an identity and with the way we want to play things should move on an upward curve.

Top 4 this year and hopefully a cup will represent progress and then hopefully we can build on that.

• Upvote 1

If Gravenberch is out I'd go 442 and play 

Kelleher 

Trent Konate Van Dijk Gomez

Jota Szoboszlai Endo Diaz

Salah Nunez 

It gives a bit of width that we have been lacking, and while it reduces our ability to press high in the middle of the pitch, Brentford probably won't look to play through us much anyway. 

Please be clinical. The shit the bed shots need putting to bed. 

My 2 biggest concerns are ones which I hope backfire in my face and that's Jota or Elliot starting. They are both superb subs but when they start it feels like we just play worse from the beginning. Let's be super good, super duper good and people will see what a super talented team full of super people look like.

Be super everyone.

6 hours ago, Razoray said:

If Gravenberch is out I'd go 442 and play 

Kelleher 

Trent Konate Van Dijk Gomez

Jota Szoboszlai Endo Diaz

Salah Nunez 

It gives a bit of width that we have been lacking, and while it reduces our ability to press high in the middle of the pitch, Brentford probably won't look to play through us much anyway. 

Why no Alisson?

Brentford haven't conceded in the 1st half of their league away games and have been in all their away matches so far. We have scored in 4 out of 5 of in the 1st half. Could really do with a early goal today otherwise could be a real slog.

They are a well coached team and get the best out of what they have, I'd be pleasantly suprised if we swatted these away easily. 

We need to try and get around the sides of them for once. Their grocks are excellent at heading everything away and manhandling forwards but not so clever facing their own goal.

The only time I have seen more than highlights of them this season was when Everton beat them at their place , and they were absolutely abysmal.