You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (H) - Sun 12th Nov 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

23 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont get why we need to have constant intensity to play well, our players are miles better than most sides yet if we drop off slightly the shittest teams just handle us. Can't we just sit deeper make the pitch bigger and use our quality, pace and athleticism to make better use of the space, this high press stuff when most sides don't want the ball, so we win it back! so what everyone is pushed into their area anyway there's no where to break to so we just recycle the ball again and again. Trent has no real space to aim for, players have no where to run and we are trying to thread balls into areas condensed by 18 people vying for space and all for what so we are easy to be countered. Do we really need to play in such a way in order to score goals. Obviously Klopp and Ljinders know infinitely more about football but this is a forum to fuck about, I just don't get the advantages of how we play when most sides have become good at the counter press, have the quality and pace to break and don't mind not having possession. I'm just not interested in the sterile domination football, we are becoming a bit boring to watch, we crave Darwin because he may surprise us.

Very good point. With the quality we have in the team, why is it necessary to hunt and press like madmen to be on top of the game?

We have no width in our play anymore, everything is forced through tight spaces in the middle. The tactics are wrong, everyone can see it except Jurgen and Pep. It is worrying.

23 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont get why we need to have constant intensity to play well, our players are miles better than most sides yet if we drop off slightly the shittest teams just handle us. Can't we just sit deeper make the pitch bigger and use our quality, pace and athleticism to make better use of the space, this high press stuff when most sides don't want the ball, so we win it back! so what everyone is pushed into their area anyway there's no where to break to so we just recycle the ball again and again. Trent has no real space to aim for, players have no where to run and we are trying to thread balls into areas condensed by 18 people vying for space and all for what so we are easy to be countered. Do we really need to play in such a way in order to score goals. Obviously Klopp and Ljinders know infinitely more about football but this is a forum to fuck about, I just don't get the advantages of how we play when most sides have become good at the counter press, have the quality and pace to break and don't mind not having possession. I'm just not interested in the sterile domination football, we are becoming a bit boring to watch, we crave Darwin because he may surprise us.

Because that's modern football. Teams all have strong athletes that will take the game to you, if you don't take the game to them.

Alternatively, we could sack Klopp, hire Allegri, and try to undeservedly win every game 1-0.

• Downvote 1

Missing today:

1st choice CB - Konate

1st choice LB - Robertson 

1st choice DM - Mac Allister 

1st choice CM - Jones

2nd choice RB - Gomez

2nd choice CM - Gravenberch 

2nd choice DM - Bajcetic 

2nd choice CM - Thiago

3rd choice RB - Bradley

Spurs were missing four 1st team starters and one backup while Newcastle were missing four 1st team starters and 6 backups yesterday. It was constantly discussed pre-match, during commentarty and used as an excuse for their defeats. Our list of  unavailable players will barely be mentioned today, or afterwards, whether we win well, or struggle. 

I know we have bigger, better squads than them, but that is because of years of better management, rather than more money spent. It's a backhanded compliment,  granted, but the arse licking that those two clubs in particular get, sickens my hole, to be honest. 

• Upvote 2