You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Oct 7-8 2023)

tlw content

image.jpeg

We almost had another comedy defeat at Old Trafford this weekend but they flaked two stoppage time goals to rescue it and rise to the dizzy heights of… *checks table* 10th.

It’s a measure of how utterly irrelevant they are now that I wasn’t even that arsed when I heard they’d turned it around. In fact, we can take positives from it because it’s the hope that will keep killing them. Just let them do enough to think it’s worth persevering with. That’s the perfect scenario here, although it would have been hilarious if they’d lost again.

It was still funny anyway seeing them made to sweat like that again. They’re SHITE and they’re as far away from challenging as at any time since Ferguson left.

Jensen put Brentford ahead midway through the first half with a shot that went in the middle of the goal, with Onana diving and being unable to save it. Diving for a shot right in the middle of the goal is a red flag and points to poor positioning, but even allowing for that he should have saved it anyway but it went under his hand. He might be my favourite player in the entire league, I love him.

McTominay came off the bench really late on and scored in the 94th and 97th minute to win to for them and send Old Trafford wild. Usually I hate seeing United celebrate but this wasn’t like that. I just laughed at them, enjoying this as though it actually means something. Celebrating like they’d done something meaningful. It’s just funny, I pity them.

That Antony cunt is back and he’s ditched the bleached blonde look. I always say that’s a massive cunt identifier and he’s a case in point. Getting rid of that won’t fool anyone though, as his face is also a dead giveaway.

Brentford are not doing themselves any favours though, losing at home to Everton and then capitulating like this against United. They’re in danger of replacing Brighton on my shit list at this rate. Their goalkeeper is shit, he should have done better on both United goals.

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic

Love these reports as I don't watch any other footy other than us so this fills me in on the shitshow it's become.

It’s a proper clown show and Howard Webb is the head clown. Cunt.

Couldn't agree more but I'm struggling to see how no one is calling them out on it. To my knowledge Owen didnt on the drip feed 'Mic'd up'

• Upvote 1

Nailed it, as usual.

I said at the time on the Other Football thread during the Arse/City match that if anyone still thinks that the goings on at Spurs, then at the Emirates is donw to 'mere' incompetence, then they need serious help.

The feeling of impotence whilst these cunts gleefully shaft us week after week, whilst aiding and abetting City's cheating is bad enough. The utter frustration of seeing the media wilfully overlook the straight line between the events of the last 2 weekends and the fingerprints of City's owners makes it all a whole lot worse.

Even if they refuse to acknowledge the merest hint of bias or corruption, you'd think they might look at a bigger picture, whcih is an utter colossal officiating shitshow which to my knowledge is not being replicated in any other major league. But the media are complicit because they have a vested interest and are therefore part of the problem. Giving the job of 'interrogating' Webb to little Micahel Owen instead of someone who would take a baseball bat to Webb's lies, dissembling and obfuscation is an example of this.

Some of the refereeing last weekend, jeez - the inconsistency around the imaginary yellow card - the blatant foul on Watkins - as I say, utter shitshow. 

• Upvote 4

Good report, Dave. Nailed it on the City/Arsenal bore fest. Turned it off at half-time and didn't miss anything, it seems.

I've heard it said, I think by Webb, that Oliver didn't want to give an early red as it would unduly influence a critical game (though how it can be critical so early in the season is anyone's guess). Webb probably thought the same thing when he reffed the 2010 World Cup Final. He completely lost control of that ame and the Dutch thought they could boot the Spanish of the park. Mancthony Taylor probably thought the same thing when he didn't send Kompany off for taking out Salah knee high. They won and won the title by one point. So by not wanting to influence the title race he gave it to City. If Kompany was stupid enough to commit a foul like thatin a big game then he deserved to go for sheer foolishness.

It struck me about the events at Burnley that you would have thought that PGMOL would have read the riot act to all VARs and officials as to the processes to follow. Either they didn't or Attwell and Bond ignored the instructions. They both should be rested, but slim chance of that. The whole fiasco summed up the chief characteristics of PGMOL; arrogance and incompetence.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Love these reports as I don't watch any other footy other than us so this fills me in on the shitshow it's become.

It’s a proper clown show and Howard Webb is the head clown. Cunt.

Couldn't agree more but I'm struggling to see how no one is calling them out on it. To my knowledge Owen didnt on the drip feed 'Mic'd up'

That isn't what Owen is there for. There's a reason he's doing that show. The whole thing is there to make Webb look good and Owen has defo been told not to grill him.

Goldbridge did a video on it this week and nailed it again.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, dave u said:

That isn't what Owen is there for. There's a reason he's doing that show. The whole thing is there to make Webb look good and Owen has defo been told not to grill him.

Goldbridge did a video on it this week and nailed it again.

The whole premier league team recognise the goose that lays, its fuckin pathetic. The pact they have with each other is off the scale. Upset someone and you get excluded.

It reminds me of work when I no longer had to work overtime. The bosses no longer had any control over me/veiled threats of stopping your overtime. It was great to take back control. Owen, Shearer etc have that control in their hands, got to be ego that stops them.

• Upvote 1

One of your best Dave, but I must beg to differ on Arsenal, I have a long list of issues with them going back to 1950. As for the red mancs every defeat they have fills me with joy, and McTomminy is a fake scot and a thug, deserves nothing. On refs in England, the tipping point must come soon, it will take someone like St. Garry Linekar to get some action. On Webb, are all shaved head men cunts? Webb, Pep, Dyche forexample

• dave u unpinned this topic