You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LASK (A) - EL Group E, Thu 21st Sep 2023 (5:45pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

This is why I hate the shitty Europa League. Shit pitches, shitty teams, shitty time slots, weakened lineups and little hitler refs.

IO mean what did people expect with that lineup?

Tsmikas hasn't kicked a ball in anger all season, Gravenberch is new, Endo is new, Bajetic at RB, kelleher and Soak. You've effectively got two young kids on our right flank and it shows. Also Eliiot is the weakest of our midfield options and we have h guys who haven't played before.

And were going to be every shite europa teams cup final ffs

9 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

There's been a complacency around this fixture that we can just put any old team out and get the three points. 

We could have put a "worse" team out and got the three points.  It's unprofessional from some senior players.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Some proper pissy-knickers round here.

So we played shit in the first half and went a goal down. So what?  "Ooh, let's join the whole competition and write off players who have never played a full 90 minutes for us!"

Grow up.

Without slagging off any players I will say I hated the way we defended for their goal. Didn't defend a vast swathe of space at the edge of our box. Their attacker could have done his Tesco shop before he hit it. 

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

It's funny. Beforehand loads of fans were really keen on making lots of changes. Now he's done so, he's arrogant. Every time this kind of match comes around and we get this kind of contrariness.

To be honest I was / am happy with that team I wanted to see Endo when we had 11 players on the pitch, also happy Doak started the rest were fine Bacetic needs minutes to get up to speed and Virgil has missed the last 2 games so good to get minutes but for whatever reason we've been shite hopefully these run out of energy in the 2nd half and we start to string a few passes together.

I thought Gravenberch did alright in the first half apart from a few loose passes late in the half. That was a period of sloppiness from everyone though. 

Tsimikas and Konate have been a bit shit. Endo is trying but it all seems a bit too fast for him. 

The front 3 look like a front 3 who haven’t played together before. Good flashes of individual skill but they haven’t gelled as a unit and they’re struggling to link up together and haven’t put LASK under anywhere enough pressure. 

I’d take Endo off for Gomez and put Bajcetic in midfield. Maybe take Elliott off for Szob and play with two holding and three in behind the striker. Maybe also Jota on for Diaz or Nunez. 

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Remember when you used to go to trials for a footy team and you'd be thrown in with ten other players you hardly know? Thats what this side is and thats fine.

Id be happy to be out of this drain of a competition its utterly third rate and the lineups will reflect that.

You fart on the back of your hand and lick it.

The UEFA Cup trophy is boss