You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Penalty taker

Kevin D

Well?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. So

41 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Can't blame him Salah is one of the worst penalty takes we have ever had.

I have never felt confident when he step up to take the penalty. 

While I don’t disagree with the 2nd sentence, I’m sure statistics don’t back up the first sentence at all. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Mo, if he misses another one there needs to be a proper conversation.

Mac Allister would he my next choice, I’ve only ever seen him stick them in the top corner.

Yet Mo will be gone next season anyway. 
chances he will miss one are 1 in 5.

chances we will get 5 are slim so I'm using this as he will score all of the ones we get whilst he is on the pitch and able to take. 

m therefore why upset the apple cart. Have the convo at the end of the season when we have to. 

for now it's mo

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

While I don’t disagree with the 2nd sentence, I’m sure statistics don’t back up the first sentence at all. 

To be honest the first sentence was a bit tongue in cheek.

Just checked and Salah has a better penalty % record than Phil Neal and Gerrard which surprised me. They had both taken nearly double what Mo has though.

16 hours ago, suzy said:

I went for Big Dom just because he seems to be good at everything! James Milner was boss, as reliable as Phil Neale!

The Liverpool penalty takers who have taken more than 5 in the "modern" era. Neal's record is surprisingly average. The mid-80s to mid 90's was unbelievably successful. 

Murphy 8/8 = 100%
Walters 6/6 = 100%
Aldridge 17/18 = 94.4%
Molby 42/45 = 93.3%
Milner 19/21= 90%
Barnes 11/13 =85%
Gerrard 47/57 = 82%
Fowler 20/25 = 80%
Salah 20/26 = 77%
Liddel 34/45 = 76%
Neal 38/51 = 74%
Smith 22/32 = 69%

17 minutes ago, Razoray said:

The Liverpool penalty takers who have taken more than 5 in the "modern" era. Neal's record is surprisingly average. The mid-80s to mid 90's was unbelievably successful. 

Murphy 8/8 = 100%
Walters 6/6 = 100%
Aldridge 17/18 = 94.4%
Molby 42/45 = 93.3%
Milner 19/21= 90%
Barnes 11/13 =85%
Gerrard 47/57 = 82%
Fowler 20/25 = 80%
Salah 20/26 = 77%
Liddel 34/45 = 76%
Neal 38/51 = 74%
Smith 22/32 = 69%

There would have been audible gasps when Molby missed those 3.