You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2024 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Code will be gutted. I’d love us to go sign a bunch of shit hot youngsters in the forward positions if Salah goes. Nusa, Olise and Wirtz would be three i’d be looking at. Preferably I’d look at selling Nunez to Inter or Napoli and making Salah stay. Reckon he’d be shit hot in Serie A and those are two teams who could be selling their star forwards for big money.

7 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Preferably I’d look at selling Nunez to Inter

Inter couldn't afford to buy Antonio Nunez let along Darwin. They are in deep deep shit and over a billion in debt and its the interest on the loans is mental rate. Napoli arn't going to pay 50ml plus on Nunez either, If Osihmen leaves they have Raspadori and Simeone 

Newcastle and Liverpool are both keeping watch on Atalanta's 24-year-old Brazilian midfielder Ederson.

Bayern trying to go full Spursy

Bayern Munich will attempt to prise England defender Kieran Trippier, 33, away from Newcastle this month, with Thomas Tuchel keen on the right-back.

Be hilarious if they signed all 3 and just like Spurs won fuck all

19 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What was Salahs goal threat like before Klopp and Liverpool? I've genuinely no idea.

At 21 he was hardly banging them in. Playing in vastly inferior leagues. 

Before he came to LFC he had one season as the top scorer in his side, 15 at Roma, a couple more than Pjanic had that season. 

That tells me the system created around him here was perfect - I think Klopp could do that with quite a few top prospects - whether that is Olise or not we will see. 

He is big, fast and strong - that is what we have seen Klopp look for these last few windows in all positions.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Mad that we've just dropped interest if he's decent.  

Nah thats us mate in a nutshell. We are going to see if we can get by in the second half of the season but I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of the last few months regarding injury.

35 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

At 21 he was hardly banging them in. Playing in vastly inferior leagues. 

Before he came to LFC he had one season as the top scorer in his side, 15 at Roma, a couple more than Pjanic had that season. 

That tells me the system created around him here was perfect - I think Klopp could do that with quite a few top prospects - whether that is Olise or not we will see. 

He is big, fast and strong - that is what we have seen Klopp look for these last few windows in all positions.

That’s it exactly, hit the nail on the head 

We were never going to sign anybody. 

If Abu Dhabi don't splash out to beef up their thin-ish squad, that's the best we could have hoped for from this window.

If it comes to it I wouldn't give united a free run at Jarrad Branthwaite. He potentially solves  problem for them for the next decade. I dont particuarly think Evertons owner would give a fuck about selling to us. Problem is I cant see us going big but when you think of VVDs age and how we went big on him. The Clubs FFP ways means we have way more flexibility for now than most clubs, it only takes a sale or two to change that flexibility for most clubs. United will probably benefit from these tightened rules more than anybody their fanbase and commercial revenues are still massive in spite of being shite for a decade. I remember Rory Smith saying United stories/clicks are miles and miles ahead of everybody else in the country by far then its Liverpool and another big gap then arsenal and the rest.

I don't think we will sign a CB in the summer. With Quansah coming on strong and with so many fullbacks once everyone's fit I think we will stick with Virg,Konate,Quansah, Gomez and give Matip another year as a cup/emergency option. 

RB Trent,Bradley

CB Virg,Konate,Quansah,Gomez,Matip

LB Robbo,Tsimikas 

Barring a new second choice keeper, I think it might he a very quiet summer if we don't sell anyone and Mo extends for a year.  

GK

Alisson, New back up, one of the young keepers

RB Trent,Bradley

LB Robbo,Tsimikas 

Midfield 

6 Endo,Bajectic 

RM Szoboszlai,Elliot

LM Jones, Mac Callister,Gravenberch 

Forwards

Salah,Jota,Nunez,Gakpo,Diaz

Could maybe see us go in big on one signing for midfield or another back up for Mo 

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I don't think we will sign a CB in the summer. With Quansah coming on strong and with so many fullbacks once everyone's fit I think we will stick with Virg,Konate,Quansah, Gomez and give Matip another year as a cup/emergency option. 

RB Trent,Bradley

LB Robbo,Tsimikas 

Barring a new second choice keeper, I think it might he a very quiet summer if we don't sell anyone and Mo extends for a year.  

GK

RB Trent,Bradley

LB Robbo,Tsimikas 

Midfield 

6 Endo,Bajectic 

RM Szoboszlai,Elliot

Forwards

Could maybe see us go in big on one signing for midfield or another back up for Mo 

I think we’re pretty well stocked in most positions unless Bajetic is fucked or Mo is on his way. My guess is that rather than target a particular position we’ll be on the lookout for a special player who improves the starting 11 at the right price.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

RB Trent,Bradley

LB Robbo,Tsimikas 

GK

RB Trent,Bradley

LB Robbo,Tsimikas 

Midfield 

6 Endo,Bajectic 

RM Szoboszlai,Elliot

Forwards

That's what I was saying earlier. If Bradley, Quansah and Endo are real players and Salah stays, there aren't holes anymore. We're looking at an Elliott, van den Berg, Adrian type summer in that case.