You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Forest - Saturday 22nd April at 3.00

We hate Nottingham Forest

We hate Everton too (they're shit)

We hate Man United

But Liverpool we love you

Altogether now....

We all hate scabs and scabs and scabs, scabs and scabs and scabs and scabs, scabs and scabs and scabs and scabs - we all fucking hate scabs.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Screenshot_2023-04-19-20-11-38-93_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

My nephew had Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a lovely lad who suffered for a very long time. His mum, was told to expect his loss at about 12 -14 years. He died aged 27. 

A cruel disease.

Rest in peace Shiv, YNWA and our Darren who was a blue and a good lad. Miss you mate.

• Upvote 2

We owe this lot a hiding. The game at the City Ground saw us create a number of chances but we were monumentally wasteful, and then got sucker-punched by the sort of shit goal we’d routinely concede at the end of the reigns of all our previous managers since Souness. Forest have signed about three dozen players since the summer and are one of the most disjointed teams in the division, and yet we let them keep a clean sheet. Granted I’ve never seen us play well in Nottingham in all the time I’ve been a fan, but that game contained the holy trinity of players turning up like their shit don’t stink, a Saturday lunchtime kick-off, and that God-awful swirly patterned abomination of an away kit.

Strength. Control. Accuracy. Bravery. Skill.

I don’t ask for much.

We haven’t played his lot at Anfield since October 1998 when Michael Owen scored 4 in a 5-1 rout. That game was our first league win in 6, having started the season with 10 points from the first 4 games, and the two joint managers had no answer for the slapdick nature of our defence.

That’s obviously not the game to mention here though. Kenny was player-manager of the class of 1988, a side with the attacking prowess of Aldo, Beardo and Barnesy who had caused havoc for defenders all season. A mid-May fixture against Forest, just a couple of weeks after a 2-1 reverse at the City Ground, saw the Reds turn in a performance so majestic that Preston legend Tom Finney - watching in the studio - proclaimed it to be the finest footballing exhibition he’d been privileged to watch.

Houghton got the ball rolling when he found space in midfield, carried it forward, played a one-two with Barnesy and ran beyond the defence to calmly pass the ball into the net. It wasn’t too long before Aldo got in on the act. He’d been prolific all season and he raced clear from Beardo’s inch-perfect through-ball to lift the ball past the hapless Sutton in the Forest goal. It was “another superb Liverpool goal”, so said Motson in the commentary box. Beardo hit the bar after a mazy run that would have been a contender for goal of the season had it gone in. Number three came via the boot of Gillespie after we took a corner quickly. The corner had come about after a save by Sutton following more brilliance from Beardo. He finally got the goal his performance merited, firing in a Barnesy cutback after the amazing No10 had utterly bamboozled the Forest right flank. That nutmeg on Chettle is a work of art. This was a team that liked to press high, and from such forceful play Spackman was played in down the left and his cut back saw Aldo finish neatly into the far corner past a bewildered Forest back line. That was a defence that contained Des Walker and Stuart Pearce, and they were made to look like chumps. Here’s a short vid but you can find the full 90 minutes on Youtube too.

Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood sat atop the box office in mid-May 1988. No idea if it’s any good as I’ve only ever seen the very first one. Some teenage girl with parental issues develops telekinetic abilities and ends up killing her dad (not massively different from Carrie then), but years later ends up reawakening Jason Voorhees, who had drowned at the bottom of the same lake her father died drowning in. Cue more serial killer carnage. It sounds like utter bollocks and I very much doubt it topped the UK box office (the site I use for these is clearly listing US box office data). US audiences seem to watch any old shit so no wonder studio execs crank out one after another of the same formula. The people there love them some butter-drowned popcorn, piss-soaked pick  ‘n’ mix and 10-gallon cups of Coke.

The Leeds result should be used as a yardstick for what we should be doing to teams at the bottom of the division. I don’t mean that in a complacent way, but rather as a team with supposed title aspirations, we should be bumming the shit out of the bottom dwellers. Make sure we are motivated, concentrated and doing all the right things on the pitch and we can swat this lot aside to. The attitude and application must be right. Let’s finish the season strongly and then take stock in the summer, ditching what no longer works and whatever has run its course. Three points from this one please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

If you don't hate Forest you're clearly under a certain age. 

Me and my uncle used to play Subuteo and he'd gone liverpool and I was gonna go Forest and pretend they were also Liverpool and he gave me the Manson lamps, so I had to go England. 

Hope we humiliate the cunts. And call of Christmas.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

If you don't hate Forest you're clearly under a certain age. 

Me and my uncle used to play Subuteo and he'd gone liverpool and I was gonna go Forest and pretend they were also Liverpool and he gave me the Manson lamps, so I had to go England. 

Hope we humiliate the cunts. And call of Christmas.

Liverpool vs England at Subuteo takes me back! Pretending John Barnes swapped sides at half time, over priced plastic sticks for goal posts, marvellous! All until an older sister stands on one of your players for calling her a slag.

• Haha 3

John Robertson once told me I had a “cracking left foot”.

I was too young, and shy, to inform him that it wasn’t a foot, it was (and still is) a magic wand. 

One of life’s regrets that he’s had to live for nearly forty years not knowing the truth. 

Smash ‘em Reds.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

Liverpool vs England at Subuteo takes me back! Pretending John Barnes swapped sides at half time, over priced plastic sticks for goal posts, marvellous! All until an older sister stands on one of your players for calling her a slag.

I hope you fined said player for being rude to your sister

• Upvote 2

I think its more important we use these remaining games to experiment especially against the relegation teams. I think we should go as weak as we possibly can in order to give the periphery players a taste of a run in. Also no Goalkeeper I think we can expect more from our defenders if they know there's no keeper behind them. Rest all our forwards and play Ox upfront in his own but with the caveat he's only ever allowed one touch and if he doesn't hit the target his next touch has to be a pass to the oppositions forward.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think its more important we use these remaining games to experiment especially against the relegation teams. I think we should go as weak as we possibly can in order to give the periphery players a taste of a run in. Also no Goalkeeper I think we can expect more from our defenders if they know there's no keeper behind them. Rest all our forwards and play Ox upfront in his own but with the caveat he's only ever allowed one touch and if he doesn't hit the target his next touch has to be a pass to the oppositions forward.

So, like all the rest of the games this season then.