You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bobby Leaving?

luxury_scruff

The ride has been amazing, and although my heart is heavy, I fully understand that Bobby can’t stay. He’s moving on, and in his way, he’s giving us his best by doing so. 

A massive thank you from me, and absolutely all the best to you and yours, Bobby Firmino.

None of us will forget you.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

It's not that I'm gutted Bobby is leaving, it's the fact that that team is over. It's definitely the end of an era. THAT is absolutely gutting.

Has there ever been a better front 3 for us? We have had some awesome strikers , Sir Roger, the Saint ,Keegan, The King, Rushie, Torres,Suarez. I don’t think we have had a trio though.

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

It's not that I'm gutted Bobby is leaving, it's the fact that that team is over. It's definitely the end of an era. THAT is absolutely gutting.

I got goosebumps watching that. We really have been fucking spoiled these last few years. Thank you for the days, Bobby.

I fully trust Klopp to build another incredible team, and this time we will celebrate winning the league infront of our fans.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Wasn't that the season after Suarez, sterling and Sturridge? 

Yes I think it was.

Suarez left in 2014 and Sterling left for City in 2015.

Sturridge would have been warming the treatment table.

We went from an embarrassment of riches up front to, well, an embarrassment really.

That front three of Balotelli, Borini and Lambert was diabolical. 

Just now, Harry's Lad said:

Yes I think it was.

Suarez left in 2014 and Sterling left for City in 2015.

Sturridge would have been warming the treatment table.

We went from an embarrassment of riches up front to, well, an embarrassment really.

That front three of Balotelli, Borini and Lambert was diabolical. 

Didn't sterling play a load of games at wing back? Rodgers was losing his mind that season. 

Very, very pleased with Gakpo's Bobby impersonation these last few games. Hopefully we can find another gem in the market (or teach Jones or Carvalho to play that role) that can fill in next season. The false 9 is absolutely pivotal to how we play when we're at our best, and Nunez and Jota simply aren't the required quality in build up-play to master the role. I don't like Salah in there either (not just because the opposition are allowed to manhandle him without consequences, but that too). He's more about the give-and-go's that are more effective on the wing.

It makes such a difference to our defenders and midfielders when there's someone coming short with the ability to either flick/pass it 1st time, or turn with it like Gakpo has now on numerous occasions. He's probably even better than Bobby at shielding the ball (if not as silky on it) so really intrigued to see how he keeps developing in the roll.

That being said, I'm really, really hoping Bobby goes abroad, and preferably South America/MSL. I fear he'll do a Beardsley on us and continue playing great long after he leaves us. If I was Zerbi (Brighton manager), I'd have him on the phone yesterday, he'd suit them perfectly, as their wingers are turning into their biggest goal threats (much like Sadio/Mo), and they play even more of a possession-game than us.

Probably a too big step down club-size-wise, so he'll more likely end up in one of the big city clubs in Europe or back to Brazil. Best of luck to him whichever path he chooses.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

....sob....

That header (along with the sweet nutmeg and cross from Trent) will probably remain my favourite moment of this season. I might change my mind if we miraculously claim 4th ahead of the Mancs.

Still our best forward player (at least not named Salah, even that is debatable imho). He's 3rd in non-penalty goal/assist contributions per minute this season behind Haaland and Rashford, ahead of Salah and de Bruyne...

Will be the toughest loss since Fowler left for Leeds for me, and I absolutely hated when both Alonso and Suarez left. One of my all-time favourite Liverpool players. Hopefully he can be convinced to change his mind.

• Upvote 2