You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (H) - CL Round of 16 1st leg, Tue 21st Feb 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Bajcetic getting stick here is unbelievable.  He's involved in the game forward and back.  He's looking to play forward.  He's going to lose the ball occasionally, it comes with players who look to play forward.  There were plenty of chances subsequently to clear the ball.  Allison's fuck up was inexcusable really.

• Upvote 3

Best we've played all season given the standard of the opposition, frustrating to be going in at 2-2 after being 2-0 up.  Bjectic's final passes just not coming off a few times in that half.  Henderson has been good.  Fab, well not a total clusterfuck apart from one foul.  Score more than them in the second half please redmen!

19 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

Could be worse it could Tyler and Neville.

Never thought I would say this but there's not a lot to choose. Beglin just utters complete drivel every time he opens his mouth and Tiddley would be more suited to presenting the Chelsea Flower show

What a half! Started well enough, scored a great goal and had one handed to us. Then our defensive weaknesses was there for them to exploit. 

Our pressing has given us plenty of opportunities to punish them even more, but decision making and quality from our side haven’t always been quite good enough. 

Apart from Van Dijk whos been excellent, Gakpo has been our best player imo, he is key to our pressing and very intelligent movement and build up play. Henderson also good, apart from their first goal where running away from Vinicius wasn’t exactly what we needed. 

We still have another goal in us. But Salah and Hendo are fucking around too much over on that side at times, slowing it down. Gakpo hasn't been in the game since the first 10 min spell. Can see Jota coming on at 60 for him.

But overall we look lively. We look like we've remembered how to battle and rattle the oppo. Need to keep the head up.

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Henderson excellent again.  It’d stick in the throat of people to admit that one thought.  So in peak liverpoolway fashion they’ll pretend a kid who’s having a complete mare is our best midfielder.

Imagime hating the club captain, who’s won everything for the club.  Pitiful cunts

go and watch him for their first goal.  I challenge you not to laugh.  Then watch him for the chance that Robertson cleared.  I challenge you not to cry.  He's been shite.

• Upvote 1

Nothing wrong with Bajcetic trying that, he's just up against a different calibre of player. Was a bit of a bobbly backpass under no real pressure but that's just a terrible mistake from Ali. Hard to take but so many positives from that half and we'd be beating most sides.

• Upvote 1

I think Fabhino has abdicated responsibility a bit. He’s asking Bajcetic to do all the hard work, or so it looks to me. Cluster fuck from Ali for their second. We look more like us though, which is a relief. Need to get on the front foot second half and try and get Nunes and Gakpo into the game more. 

I'd rather it be 1all than 2. Allison did that twice against wolves in the cup game and conceded 1, both on his right side. He obviously has a weakness in that area trying to pass out to the right. 

Fuck sake. 2 up and cruising. 

They're beating our press and countering well but when they bring it up the pitch, we're dropping way too deep. They muller us over there if we employ those tactics. 

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

go and watch him for their first goal.  I challenge you not to laugh.  Then watch him for the chance that Robertson cleared.  I challenge you not to cry.  He's been shite.

Fuckin hell, I know you rate him worse than Ian Brady or Fred West, but he's not be shite at all today.