You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Hincapie has the same agent as Caicedo. Doubt we will deal with him.

I do not think that will be a problem. The Caicedo case was our own fault. We came in way too late, while Chelsea had built a repor with the player/his representatives for months. And, supposedly, if Chelsea hadn't met our valuation of Caicedo he would have signed for us.

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

A mate of mine is desperate for Newcastle to sign Moussa Diaby from Villa, always raves about him.

Also the lad Traore from Bournemouth, had a really good game against us yesterday I thought.

Shocked they didn't sign him direct from Leverkusen, he's much better than Almiron and they must have had an inkling that St Maxim could be going.

Wanted him to come here for a good few years as eventual replacement for Salah and all round good good player who can play in any attacking position.

• Upvote 1

What’s the ownership situation at Villa? I know they’re loaded but are they proper loaded or will they be in administration within 5 years trying to stay afloat? Diaby strikes me as one of those players we like the look of but need to see them more before they prove themselves then decide he’s to expensive once he’s proven himself.

2 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Doubt they’d sell him, but I still like McGinn at Villa. Seems to have the ideal attributes for our midfield. Seems a busy little fucker who is constantly running around and trying to get the ball back. 

Same. He’s by no means spectacular but for a Klopp midfield I think he’s an extremely good fit. Although with the shit Hendo used to get, even when he was good I dread to think what the experts online would make of us paying £50m plus for him. Should have moved when he was out of favour under Stevie.