You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

12 hours ago, YNWAViking said:

Amrabat:

"Last Tuesday there was a telephone contact between Klopp and the midfielder: the coach explained to Amrabat the importance of a player of his characteristics in a midfield that has lost several balancers - despite having bought Mac Allister and Szoboszlai - and Amrabat he appreciated the interest. To close the deal, however, an offer of thirty million to Fiorentina is needed."

https://www.violanews.com/stampa/repubblica-klopp-ha-chiamato-amrabat-ma-italiano-se-lo-immagina-con-arthur/

Or he's missed the boat because endo took his seat. 

46 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Mason Mount - bullet dodged there.

He is a good player but never a central midfilder in a 3 with Bruno Fernandes and an aging unfit Casemiro. Ten Hag is having a nightmare picking the 11 for their first two games. 

54 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Mason Mount - bullet dodged there.

I didn't want us to sign him but probably safer to judge that one at the end of the season.

People are really quick to say everything is either shite or amazing right at the start of the season.

29 minutes ago, Mook said:

I didn't want us to sign him but probably safer to judge that one at the end of the season.

People are really quick to say everything is either shite or amazing right at the start of the season.

Oh yeah. On the BBC text yesterday there were people saying "klopp needs to go" after 5 minutes of the second game of the season because we were 1 down.

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's all gone a bit quiet. If the window does close with nobody else signed it isn't anywhere near good enough. Do they think the next few windows youre going to see more value because shits only going to get worse.

Seeing whispers that we are interested in Hincapie at Leverkusen . Same agent as Caicedo. Haven’t a clue how good he is but his projected price  is around what FSG like to spend.

4 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Seeing whispers that we are interested in Hincapie at Leverkusen . Same agent as Caicedo. Haven’t a clue how good he is but his projected price  is around what FSG like to spend.

Reports earlier in the week that we and Hammers were talking to him.

Leverkusen are looking to bring in Josip Stanišić from Bayern on loan. I wonder if a deal has been down with either us or WHU and it’s being kept quiet until they have a replacement in.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Reports earlier in the week that we and Hammers were talking to him.

Leverkusen are looking to bring in Josip Stanišić from Bayern on loan. I wonder if a deal has been down with either us or WHU and it’s being kept quiet until they have a replacement in.

Hincapié wouldn’t need to be registered either as he’s under 21. So could get him plus a midfielder. He does have the same agent as Caecido though.  Will that be a problem 

45 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Hincapié wouldn’t need to be registered either as he’s under 21. So could get him plus a midfielder. He does have the same agent as Caecido though.  Will that be a problem 

DThe agent might not be such a big problem here because there’s nobody from Chelsea offering a shedfull of cash in a brown bag.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's all gone a bit quiet. If the window does close with nobody else signed it isn't anywhere near good enough. Do they think the next few windows youre going to see more value because shits only going to get worse.

Exactly, and our need is going to be greater. So any bullshit about "keeping our powder dry for .." or "no value in the market at this time" is just that. Bullshit.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought we were done before Endo, so what the fuck do I know! But in the hope of being wrong again, yes, I think we're done. 

Same. I was as surprised as anyone with the Endo signing, now we’ve got him I think we’re done, unless some agent turns up with an unbelievable ready made deal we can’t turn down.

4 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Same. I was as surprised as anyone with the Endo signing, now we’ve got him I think we’re done, unless some agent turns up with an unbelievable ready made deal we can’t turn down.

I didn't think we had that profile of signing in us to be honest. I think it's been a refreshing change we've been willing to look beyond up and coming players with potential.