You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool enter talks with Saudi Arabian and Qatari consortiums over a potential £3BILLION takeover

Paulie Dangerously

I don't see the point in getting all het up about all these rumours and speculation tbh because that's all they are.

Nobody has a clue what's going on, if anything. The club is very secretive about it's behind the scenes dealings, so when the club makes an official announcement then is the time.

It's pointless otherwise.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Could QSI own us and PSG? Or a stake in us and a larger stake in PSG?

Or is it QIA who allegedly want us? 

No they could not. QSI could only buy a stake in LFC that did not control the club, unless they sold PSG. That's why they have been looking at investing in Spurs (allegedly).

However, they could purchase us through a different investment vehicle - hence the rumours of 'Private Investors' from Qatar. There was a also a rumour of a joint Saudi\Qatari consortium a while back that would be a different entity - haven't read anything about that for a while though.

25 minutes ago, Harrison Booth said:

There are no rules, RB Leipzig are nothing to do with Red Bull. 

2 teams in the Champs League cannot have the same owners - Red Bull don't technically own Salzburg.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/sports/soccer/uefa-soccer-red-bull-champions-league.html

2 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Even the team you have to squint so it all becomes some homogenous blob of red because the players individually will fuck you over.

I’ve met a small number of players and in my very limited experience they are often self obsessed, greedy narcissistic wankers who would change clubs and kiss the badge for another £50k a week. There are exceptions but they were rare. You don’t get to play in the premier league by being an empathetic rounded person who cares about other people. That said Phil Thompson is a top bloke. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’ve met a small number of players and in my very limited experience they are often self obsessed, greedy narcissistic wankers who would change clubs and kiss the badge for another £50k a week. There are exceptions but they were rare. You don’t get to play in the premier league by being an empathetic rounded person who cares about other people. That said Phil Thompson is a top bloke. 

Maybe they could smell the Tory of you?

Ultimately if this or something happens to us / and / or the mancs / Spurs in the forthcoming months, this is UEFA & FIFA’s fault for not being hard enough on  Abramovich, City, PSG and FFP from the start.

Each club with more or less limitless funds have inflated and inflated and inflated the market until historic clubs like us, the mancs, the Spanish clubs etc have to do something drastic like an ESL, join the limitless clubs to keep pace or be left behind.

How can UEFA realistically implement FFP when their bosses (FIFA) are selling World Cups to the highest bidder? 

Or when the head of PSG & various Russians are  on its own Members Committee? 

CAS can fuck off as well. When City are caught guilty as fuck, they let them off on a technicality. What’s the point in playing by the rules when those breaking and benefitting from it don’t have any consequences?

Let’s face it, football is rotten to its greedy little core. Everybody is on the gravy train, taking their bit while flood and floods more cash come in and there is no end in sight.

And despite all the above, I’m not against some Middle Easterns buying us. If we can’t beat them and all that…

… I just wish it didn’t feel so immediately filthy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Ultimately if this or something happens to us / and / or the mancs / Spurs in the forthcoming months, this is UEFA & FIFA’s fault for not being hard enough on  Abramovich, City, PSG and FFP from the start.

Each club with more or less limitless funds have inflated and inflated and inflated the market until historic clubs like us, the mancs, the Spanish clubs etc have to do something drastic like an ESL, join the limitless clubs to keep pace or be left behind.

How can UEFA realistically implement FFP when their bosses (FIFA) are selling World Cups to the highest bidder? 

Or when the head of PSG & various Russians are  on its own Members Committee? 

CAS can fuck off as well. When City are caught guilty as fuck, they let them off on a technicality. What’s the point in playing by the rules when those breaking and benefitting from it don’t have any consequences?

Let’s face it, football is rotten to its greedy little core. Everybody is on the gravy train, taking their bit while flood and floods more cash come in and there is no end in sight.

And despite all the above, I’m not against some Middle Easterns buying us. If we can’t beat them and all that…

… I just wish it didn’t feel so immediately filthy.

Shameful comment 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

How are they going to launch a super league without the English clubs though?

German and French clubs aren't interested either so essentially its going to be Spanish and Italian teams only?

The original idea was 50% English clubs, 25% Spanish and 25% Italian. 

It's wishful thinking by Madrid and Barcelona and Juventus. the super league won't happen without the English clubs.

I dunno how they'll do it or care to be honest. The point is, it's far from dead. 

7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Camels peacefully grazing in Stanley Park, a 1 mile alcohol free zone around the ground on match days, free haircuts and manicures for the unworthy. 
It smells like success!

Let's be honest, the free haircuts and manicures could be the making of the city. 

3 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

The worst thing is if FSG invested 100mill net a season with Klopp as manager we would have at least 3/4 titles and least another UCL they are on the right line the club can run itself all they had to do was invest when it was required the building they already done and they will make 10x profit from original investment the minge bags 

It makes absolutely no sense in their minds to spend another 400 million and probably make little to no more money than they've been making. We are generally pretty close to maxing out on prize money and tv money under Klopp. 

8 hours ago, Pete said:

It's really shit that we've been cheated out of two more leagues by City.

If we'd bested United's league  total I'd feel better about our current predicament and ownership issues,  but to see them so high while we struggle and don't appear to have a midfield pot to piss is exceptionally depressing. 
We've challenged for the league every season since 2017 barring post Covid season and this season.  Gotten to 3 Champions league finals, won the league cup & the FA Cup whilst going for an unprecedented quadruple yet those uber cunts down the road have been shocking since 2013 yet are making steady progress and a return to form.

Really wish I could walk away 100% and never think about the game again. 

Like your post except for. 'bested.' Get those Yank sayings away from here,

You read the posts on here and you can see how this is all going to pan out, “other clubs have got dodgy owners, it’s how the world is, no point in fighting it if it means we fall behind, my taxi driver said that bellingham was seen at the airport last night” And that’s what the hard line religious regimes want, apathy and acceptance by the rest of the world . They don’t give a fuck about football, they do give a fuck about being accepted by the west on their terms without liberalisation and that’s just what we are doing,