You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool enter talks with Saudi Arabian and Qatari consortiums over a potential £3BILLION takeover

Paulie Dangerously

All these new owners are simply going to push player prices up and up as they all jostle for position.

Players like Antony and Nunez and this kid Chelsea have just signed are good recent examples.

I remember when expensive players tended to be bloody good players

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Rugby is full of posho’s sticking their fingers up each others arse holes. American Football is full of 28 year old men with the mushed up brains of a toddler because it turns out helmets and pads don’t work if you use them to twat each other with. Both things are shit.

Union is full of poshos but League has mostly lads who we'd all be working in factories or having a beer with. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Union is full of poshos but League has mostly lads who we'd all be working in factories or having a beer with. 

That’s true tbf, then on the weekends they’ll fuck off and play a different version of a shit game and still probably put their fingers in each others bums.

It's a moral dilemna these guys possibly coming in. I'm only kidding myself saying I'm done with the game if they come in. I'm only kidding myself if I say I wouldn't be like a kid in a sweet shop if they came and we got the Croatian kid in defence, Caicedo and Bellingham in the summer. I'll hate myself for it but fact is football clubs have never greatly cared for us, but at least in the past there was some local links. My dad who is a bluenose got my two older brothers tickets for the 1974 cup final by hanging around the Goodison car park for the Everton chairman who went back inside and sorted it out for him - laughable what a different era it was then when you think about it.

Very wealthy local men who did have some connection, however small, with us. Still didn't mean much when we were crammed into glorified building sites home or away. FSG are knobheads (great businessmen who have done a lot right here if I'm being honest). Morally they might be preferable to Qatar, but those hedge fund bastards would shoot their family for a good profit, so let's not kid ourselves that they are that much better than the others out there. I have no doubt they invest in arms companies or other morally questionable firms around the world either directly or indirectly. I hate modern football and yearn for the old days but it's gone. Maybe a Liverpool version of Ratcliffe would be okay but that doesn't look like much of a chance.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

It's a moral dilemna these guys possibly coming in. I'm only kidding myself saying I'm done with the game if they come in. I'm only kidding myself if I say I wouldn't be like a kid in a sweet shop if they came and we got the Croatian kid in defence, Caicedo and Bellingham in the summer. I'll hate myself for it but fact is football clubs have never greatly cared for us, but at least in the past there was some local links. My dad who is a bluenose got my two older brothers tickets for the 1974 cup final by hanging around the Goodison car park for the Everton chairman who went back inside and sorted it out for him - laughable what a different era it was then when you think about it.

Very wealthy local men who did have some connection, however small, with us. Still didn't mean much when we were crammed into glorified building sites home or away. FSG are knobheads (great businessmen who have done a lot right here if I'm being honest). Morally they might be preferable to Qatar, but those hedge fund bastards would shoot their family for a good profit, so let's not kid ourselves that they are that much better than the others out there. I have no doubt they invest in arms companies or other morally questionable firms around the world either directly or indirectly. I hate modern football and yearn for the old days but it's gone. Maybe a Liverpool version of Ratcliffe would be okay but that doesn't look like much of a chance.

Ratcliffe backed Brexit then fucked off to Monaco, took promised business out of the UK and threatened to close a manufacturing plant unless it was declared exempt from EU pollution laws. He’s among the more reprehensible and dangerous billionaires.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Ratcliffe backed Brexit then fucked off to Monaco, took promised business out of the UK and threatened to close a manufacturing plant unless it was declared exempt from EU pollution laws. He’s among the more reprehensible and dangerous billionaires.

Didn't know any of that but that sums up my point. Very few "decent" owners around.

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

I suggest  FSG should list the club on the stock market at £3 billion valuation and let the fans buy shares. There are millions of fans worldwide. Issue 30 million shares at £100 each. Seems a no brainer to me. 

this was tested a while back and we could raise about thirty bob, a couple of pesetas and a curtain hook.  We haven’t got enough fans who’d be prepared to raise 30 million let alone 3 large ones

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, stringvest said:

this was tested a while back and we could raise about thirty bob, a couple of pesetas and a curtain hook.  We haven’t got enough fans who’d be prepared to raise 30 million let alone 3 large ones

Even a partial sale would make a massive difference. 5 million fans buying shares at £100 each would raise a £500 million. That would pay for a new stand and a new midfield. There are meant to be 40 million fans worldwide so I reckon 5 million would buy shares as birthday presents etc. 

10 minutes ago, J-V said:

I don’t know why Code doesn't just get a Norwegian consortium together and buy the club.  

You could buy us and the Red Sox for the price of a round over there. 

Anyway, get the Saudis in so we can pin Bajcetic down to a 15 year contract. 

20 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Even a partial sale would make a massive difference. 5 million fans buying shares at £100 each would raise a £500 million. That would pay for a new stand and a new midfield. There are meant to be 40 million fans worldwide so I reckon 5 million would buy shares as birthday presents etc. 

That £500mill not that’ll happen would go straight into FSG’s shareholders pockets and be spent on yachts.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They can't find a buyer more likely.

Possibly but selling a minority stake is perfect from their point of view. Minority stake will bring money into the club for transfers in the interim, it won't bring the value of their majority stake down drastically, they get more profit for themselves in the short term......whilst waiting to see what happens with the super league. Win win every way possible.