You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

Majority of Tory party members want Truss to resign now - and want Boris Johnson to replace her (msn.com)

A YouGov poll of Tory members found 55% would now vote for Rishi Sunak, who lost out to Ms Truss, if they were able to vote again, while just 25% would vote for Ms Truss.

As her position as prime minister hangs by a thread following a major U-turn on the majority of the mini-budget, Tory members are largely unimpressed with Ms Truss.

The poll found 55% of members think she should resign now, while 38% believe she should remain.

A majority (63%) think former PM Boris Johnson would be a good replacement, with 32% putting him as their top candidate, followed by Mr Sunak at 23%.

They also would support Mr Sunak as a replacement, with 60% thinking that would be a good idea, while 47% think new chancellor Jeremy Hunt would be a good replacement.

Former leadership candidate Penny Mordaunt has a lot of support as well, with 54% thinking she would be a good replacement, while 62% think Defence Secretary Ben Wallace would be - although he ruled himself out last time.

A total of 31% of Tory members interviewed think they should be the only ones to elect a new leader, while 25% think only MPs should and the same number think MPs should pick the final two candidates and party members choose the final - as currently happens.

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Jesus!

Now the triple lock on people's pensions is up for grabs. There's quite literally no mandate for what they are suggesting pre or post U-turn. These fuckers need to be hauled out of office sharpish.

That is quite the act of political self harm, given the 'old gits that haven't had to work in years, own their own home outright and are blissfully unaffected by the vast majority of cuts' demographic is currently the only one supporting them...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Just because someone does not agree with Britain staying in the European Union does not mean they agree with the shit thrown from the other side. You want to show an example where I've ever supported the ludicrous claims from Johnson and Co in the run up to the referendum or since? 

I wasn’t talking about you being a Tory, I’m talking about you backing Brexit.

You literally argued for Brexit and still support/champion the view that it wa the right thing to do/it’s not Brexit’s fault the shit that’s happening.

Is it that hard to grasp? 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I wasn’t talking about you being a Tory, I’m talking about you backing Brexit.

You literally argued for Brexit and still support/champion the view that it wa the right thing to do/it’s not Brexit’s fault the shit that’s happening.

Is it that hard to grasp? 

Fucking hell you're over here now.

Once again. You're being disingenuous. You said my veiws related to Johnsons nonsense on that bus, they didn't. Go back read what you wrote. You said "Mate you jumped all over the Boris Johnson bus brigade" after I remarked a radio DJ had once voted for Johnson. I did nothing of the sort.

Believe it or not their are many many reasons for people not being keen on Britain being the EU and those veiws pre date Johnson and the stupid bus you mentioned. They also hold no relation to the shit that was written on it, fucking mad that ain't it? 

Being skeptical of our membership of the EU does not mean you agree with the shit that was written on Johnsons bus, just as being against the Conservatives doesn't mean you agree with everything in the Labour party manifesto. Its that easy. 

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

That is quite the act of political self harm, given the 'old gits that haven't had to work in years, own their own home outright and are blissfully unaffected by the vast majority of cuts' demographic is currently the only one supporting them...

Unless you are loaded I don't get how issues like the state of the NHS and care in particular wouldn't have a massive effect on you,as you get older?

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Fucking hell you're over here now.

Once again. You're being disingenuous. You said my veiws related to Johnsons nonsense on that bus, they didn't. Go back read what you wrote. You said "Mate you jumped all over the Boris Johnson bus brigade" after I remarked a radio DJ had once voted for Johnson. I did nothing of the sort.

Believe it or not their are many many reasons for people not being keen on Britain being the EU and those veiws pre date Johnson and the stupid bus you mentioned. They also hold no relation to the shit that was written on it, fucking mad that ain't it? 

Yes, because this where you said you started your crying.

I'm really not.

Being skeptical of our membership of the EU does not mean you agree with the shit that was written on Johnsons bus, just as being against the Conservatives doesn't mean you agree with everything in the Labour party manifesto. Its that easy. 

You argued that a reason to leave the EU was because they wanted to privatise the NHS. The Tories have been doing that (with Labour to be fair) for years. The current Chancellor wrote a book on it. But that is perfectly fine, because you are glad Brexit happened.

But you are still missing the point.  Your views certainly did relate to Johnson's nonsense on the side of the bus. It was part of his Brexit strategy because you posted pretty much the "EU want to destroy the NHS" type of rhetoric for ages. 

On 24/05/2019 at 20:38, Gnasher said:

May resigns.

Brexit is the best thing to happen in these islands since the birth of the health service in the 40s 50s.

IWhat makes it even more sweet is  that the left wing luvvies are so confused  they are missing the moment.

You continued to push your anti-EU agenda (which it is perfectly fine to have difference in opinion on the EU, there are elements I was not a fan of) however it appeared it was still based on the privatisation of the NHS. So yeah, you were all over the bullshit that Boris was spouting about the EU and the NHS because you parroted the same message but in your own unique slapdash style. throughout the thread.  

You were happy for Brexit being the best thing to happen in these islands since the birth of the health service, which you were saying the EU wanted to destroy through privatisation. Yet the Tories you have empowered, have always wanted to do it, and your enabling has led them to have more power to do so. Then over time you just started adding things that argued against your point rather than back anything you said up. 

You, especially considering the revelation below, have been/are part of the wider problem of this shiftiest. 

21 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

You voted for Brexit, we all make mistakes....

20 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I didn't actually. I just can't stand the EU. 

Instead you just went round telling everyone else to vote against the EU, opposed listening to your own bullshit?

I think we know who the disingenuous one is.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I'm really not.

You argued that a reason to leave the EU was because they wanted to privatise the NHS. The Tories have been doing that (with Labour to be fair) for years. The current Chancellor wrote a book on it. But that is perfectly fine, because you are glad Brexit happened.

But you are still missing the point.  Your views certainly did relate to Johnson's nonsense on the side of the bus. It was part of his Brexit strategy because you posted pretty much the "EU want to destroy the NHS" type of rhetoric for ages. 

You continued to push your anti-EU agenda (which it is perfectly fine to have difference in opinion on the EU, there are elements I was not a fan of) however it appeared it was still based on the privatisation of the NHS. So yeah, you were all over the bullshit that Boris was spouting about the EU and the NHS because you parroted the same message but in your own unique slapdash style. throughout the thread.  

You were happy for Brexit being the best thing to happen in these islands since the birth of the health service, which you were saying the EU wanted to destroy through privatisation. Yet the Tories you have empowered, have always wanted to do it, and your enabling has led them to have more power to do so. Then over time you just started adding things that argued against your point rather than back anything you said up. 

You, especially considering the revelation below, have been/are part of the wider problem of this shiftiest. 

Instead you just went round telling everyone else to vote against the EU, opposed listening to your own bullshit?

So you searched through my entire history of posts on the EU and haven't unearthed one solitary post claiming what you said. Not one. Yet you've then gone to the trouble of typing out that absolute load bollocks? Bullshit which says nothing and proves even less.

Oh I've never told anyone which way to vote, more made up nonsense. The vote was done and dusted.and I wouldn't even ever ever dare. Bizarre bullshit again.

Its no secret I abstained on the vote, not sure whats the big revelation there, if you'd have followed my posts as you said you'd know. Once again, you're fibbing. 

Find a life brother. 

• Downvote 1

I'm really not.

I'm really not.

Once again can you provide one solitary post where I went round telling everyone to vote against the EU?

Go on.. you've made more shit up again., to cover for the other shit you made up last nigh? It's is infact last night all over again. 

You've been pulled up on your bollocks yet instead of showing one scrap of self awareness or provide evidence on your first load of bullshit you've now made up another load of utter fuvking twaddle. 

Go on then smokey show one example where "I went round telling everyone to vote against the EU"

Go on.. Remember the vote was six years ago so shouldn't be hard. Over to you.

Dearie dearie me. You're a fantasist. A right fuvking whomper.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Drakeford losing his usual cool. Thought he was going to dive over the counter and twat the Tory bastard. 

They've got some balls Tories.

When you look at local Tory councillors they bleat on endlessly about potholes, litter, town hall "fat cats" despite the fact local government has been decimated under the Tories.

• Upvote 1

What the fuck is that stupid Starmer shill Numero on about now? Cowardly posh cunt causing shit again. 

The lie was him pretending his god James O'brien voted tory for John Major. He lied. I've proved J.O Brien voted for Johnson. Not that it means anything but when you've been caught red handed to be a proven liar best not to make a cunt of yourself calling others liars. Fucking tool.

Clear enough for the shill?

"Brexit is the best thing to happen in these islands since the birth of the health service in the 40s 50s."

Well, that statement aged well. Not that it was looking particularly good in 2019...

There was a progressive, left-wing argument for leaving the EU, but that argument counted for fuck all when we all knew that it would be a Tory government, elected only the year before on a five year ticket, that would be implementing Brexit.

It's things like this that define the left for me: ideology and principle over reality and practicality. The right have the same problem, as we've just experienced with that Tufton St budget. 

• Upvote 4