You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I think they've removed some cup games so they can make them available to general sale. In reality it's more than a 5% increase because of those lost games.

They arent going to be able to report full capacity like they used to even if STHs didnt turn up for the games now.

Yeah, their STs included a 'prospective' number of home games in the domestic cups and Europe. They had to be drawn at home though for the holder to get the benefit.

Our STs havent been increased in price for about 6 years now and someone said 'Well, ticket money (about £26m a season) doesnt come to much'!

23 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I think they've removed some cup games so they can make them available to general sale. In reality it's more than a 5% increase because of those lost games.

Cheers, the cheeky cunts. Half a good season and it’s time to raise prices.

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Is it not on TV tonight?

Apparently not.  This is one for the shitness of modern football thread.  A fairly top draw game not even televised when it could be, which would take the place of a game being moved from Saturday 3pm - cf UEFA Cup teams playing on a Sunday and not televised either.

18 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Is it not on TV tonight?

8 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Apparently not.  This is one for the shitness of modern football thread.  A fairly top draw game not even televised when it could be, which would take the place of a game being moved from Saturday 3pm - cf UEFA Cup teams playing on a Sunday and not televised either.

It's so stupid the amount of games that aren't televised in this country. I think it's about 52% of Premier League games that aren't televised.

They should bin off Sky, BT and Amazon and create a Premier league Netflix style streaming service with access to all games. 

It's mind boggling that other nations have more access to the English Premier League than England do!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, aws said:

Clubs should be allowed to show all their own games which aren’t on Sky etc. Ridiculous that it’s only fans in this country who can’t watch all their team’s games live. 

Definitely worth a subscription. 

I am surprised that clubs aren’t able to show their matches on club websites / TV channels for an additional fee yet.

Although, they tried it for £15 per game during COVID19 and everyone said fuck off!

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Definitely worth a subscription. 

I am surprised that clubs aren’t able to show their matches on club websites / TV channels for an additional fee yet.

Although, they tried it for £15 per game during COVID19 and everyone said fuck off!

That's too much given the fan base they are reaching. Half that is reasonable I'd say.

Martinez being his usual dirty self and getting away with everything as per.