You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

Why does the referee need to go to the monitor for that?

Can't VAR just tell him that he's made a mistake and the penalty needs to be chalked off.

This I’m confused too clearly hit his head why does ref need to see it on screen surely VAR would just tell him it’s not a pen 

8 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Coufal lucky there? Another tackle that ends up with the tacklers foot coming down on top of the opponents foot. Is it me or are there too many of them happening to be coincidence?

Nothing wrong with that. Where else is his foot meant to go after the interception?  Not even a yellow or free kick, imo. 

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Why did he need to go have a look?

Is that a rule, why not just say, never a pen, it hit him in his head?

Edit - I’m not the only one wondering I see. 

The refs call is final and he can only be “invited” to look again at the incident.

They can’t just tell him to reverse his call . Might seem pedantic but I think it’s right 

2 minutes ago, Baresi said:

Nothing wrong with that. Where else is his foot meant to go after the interception?  Not even a yellow or free kick, imo. 

Coufal doesn’t get the ball cleanly, as he could have done, but he does get the Arsenal player fully with his follow through. Point I’m making, perhaps not clearly enough, is there seems to me to be a lot of tackles where this happens.

Martinelli was up and running shortly after, so maybe not as bad as I first thought.

4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The refs call is final and he can only be “invited” to look again at the incident.

They can’t just tell him to reverse his call . Might seem pedantic but I think it’s right 

Is this a rule for the PL?

9 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Coufal doesn’t get the ball cleanly, as he could have done, but he does get the Arsenal player fully with his follow through. Point I’m making, perhaps not clearly enough, is there seems to me to be a lot of tackles where this happens.

Martinelli was up and running shortly after, so maybe not as bad as I first thought.

He cleared the ball and his follow through unintentionally caught the top of his foot. I don’t know where you/referee expects his foot to land?  

24 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Arsenal a game in hand from being ten points ahead of second place.

That's actually quite sickening.

Also, second place is Newcastle.

If it stops the oil cheats from winning the league...

4 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If it stops the oil cheats from winning the league...

Much rather oil cheats win it to be honest. Arsenal fans are already smelling themselves.  Fuck them. 

• Upvote 1