You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

54 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'm sick of this cut back winger shit as well though. 

It's the same move, take have figured out out. 

Inverted wingers is fine if you have pacy attacking fullbacks who keep width as we did with Robbo/Mane and Salah/Trent. 

Issue now is the left fullback often doesn't attack as much as Trent has inverted to play midfield and that means we have fuck all width when either Mo or the RM don't hold width. So you've move Mo further from goal to accommodate a fullback. We've done this fine when they are all fit and firing when not we lack structure and Gomez passing isn't Trents and not worth the lack of width. That's the problem with swapping tactics for one player who when not able to play teams a drop off. 

Bradley offered that width we ha e lacked

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dave u said:

I agree with most of this, but he's not blameless as if he cuts it back to Szoboszlai it's a tap in. It was a bad decision from him, as well as a bad one from Diaz. Typifies everything we've done against United in three games. Either continually taking the wrong option and fucking up great situations, or on the rare occasion we got it right and created a chance we then fucked up with the finishing.

Just like the team, Nunez looked like he was coming right into form for the run in only to then inexplicably take a big step backwards just when it matters most. Mac Allister is the only creative / attacking player to step up and deliver over the past month and even he was piss poor last night.

I completely agree that Nunez wastes too many chances in general. I also agree that he should've seen Dom and cut it back to him but of all the chances he's missed personally this season and the team missed overall in that game I think this is one of the least egregious.

I also feel as though (not directed at you personally) when people are getting on Darwin for the finish but not getting on Diaz for passing on wide open shot from well inside the penalty area with acres of space to aim for to Onana's right that people are holding Darwin to a standard they aren't holding Diaz. I'm starting to feel like there isn't really room for both in the same 11, because they're both a bit shit when it comes to the final decision and at times execution as well.

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

He lacks that bit of football intelligence that makes good players great and is saddled with huge price tag and expectations. He will have his moments, but will never be the main man.

Has klopp ever had a 'main man?

44 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I completely agree that Nunez wastes too many chances in general. I also agree that he should've seen Dom and cut it back to him but of all the chances he's missed personally this season and the team missed overall in that game I think this is one of the least egregious.

I also feel as though (not directed at you personally) when people are getting on Darwin for the finish but not getting on Diaz for passing on wide open shot from well inside the penalty area with acres of space to aim for to Onana's right that people are holding Darwin to a standard they aren't holding Diaz. I'm starting to feel like there isn't really room for both in the same 11, because they're both a bit shit when it comes to the final decision and at times execution as well.

People aren't getting at Darwin for the finish (though that was shit), they are getting at him for yet again rushing and showing a lack of composure when he needed a cool head. Think you are slightly over exaggerating what Diaz had on. Yes he could have shot but the percentage play was the ball to Nunez.

Anyway, I really hope he scores Sunday. He could do with it and the team needs it.

12 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Has klopp ever had a 'main man?

Has Jurgen 'look what he turned Lewandowski into imagine what he can do to Nunez, but let's ignore Immobile' Klopp ever had a main man?

Probably not.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dave D said:

I think a new manager may play him differently. Or may have already seen enough and bin him.

Arsenals record signing was Pepe wasnt it? £72m. Best thing they did was get rid

I think he saw out his contract (with a loan in there) and left on a free.

The only thing that concerns me with stats is what quantifies a stat, passing the ball to Messi who takes on 4 players and scores from 18 yards and you get an assist! I watch the games I dont give a fuck what the numbers are Nunez is fucking up far too often infront of goal, it isn't good enough, he needs to improve, the sad thing is he's far from the only one and this isn't a new thing our players get a chance to shoot you may aswell fire an elastic band at the moon they are fucking dogshit.

I could grab a 5 year old with orthopedic shoes and they will hit the target out of 10 more times than Andrew Robertson would without doubt! id put fucking cash money on it! They'd hit the target more than 80 percent of the squad would In reality. They are a joke, fuck the throwing coach off! just show the players their shooting in matches to the Benny Hill theme for a full day on loop, then drag them into a meeting and ask are they in this for the fucking comedy!

I've had enough. Klopps strength is we create chances huge amounts of chances but what can he do when every fucking player is a melted spoon. Klopp is leading these horses to water and they are intent on dehydration. I am fucking parched! It's too many, too fucking many shots that don't even get close to where they are aiming for. Imagine playing Russian Roulette with our players, they put the gun to their own head and your more fucking likely to have the bullet in yours. Fuck them, step up you balloons you get millions of pounds to kick a fucking ball its obscene. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Imagine playing Russian Roulette with our players, they put the gun to their own head and your more fucking likely to have the bullet in yours. Fuck them, step up you balloons you get millions of pounds to kick a fucking ball its obscene. 

They fail to hit themselves with a fucking automatic pistol

8 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The only thing that concerns me with stats is what quantifies a stat, passing the ball to Messi who takes on 4 players and scores from 18 yards and you get an assist! I watch the games I dont give a fuck what the numbers are Nunez is fucking up far too often infront of goal, it isn't good enough, he needs to improve, the sad thing is he's far from the only one and this isn't a new thing our players get a chance to shoot you may aswell fire an elastic band at the moon they are fucking dogshit.

I could grab a 5 year old with orthopedic shoes and they will hit the target out of 10 more times than Andrew Robertson would without doubt! id put fucking cash money on it! They'd hit the target more than 80 percent of the squad would In reality. They are a joke, fuck the throwing coach off! just show the players their shooting in matches to the Benny Hill theme for a full day on loop, then drag them into a meeting and ask are they in this for the fucking comedy!

I've had enough. Klopps strength is we create chances huge amounts of chances but what can he do when every fucking player is a melted spoon. Klopp is leading these horses to water and they are intent on dehydration. I am fucking parched! It's too many, too fucking many shots that don't even get close to where they are aiming for. Imagine playing Russian Roulette with our players, they put the gun to their own head and your more fucking likely to have the bullet in yours. Fuck them, step up you balloons you get millions of pounds to kick a fucking ball its obscene. 

Fucking hell thank god I dont do social media. Drinking and shit posting would go badly for me.

17 hours ago, bossy said:

Most of the team are playing badly, I’m not blaming a single player for our recent form. Onwards and upwards. 

Spot on although they all have things to work on & Nonez should be doing 50 1v1s with a keeper every day in training.

I'm a fan of his but none of us can say we think he's going to score when he's through on the keeper. He needs to sort it out.

• Upvote 1