You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

Its come to the point where you can't defend the indefensible.  He just misses far too mnay good chances.

Its just the same as having a great player whose injury prone. You can hope & pray it might come good but when it keeps happening time and time again it reaches a point you've got to call it a day.

• Upvote 1

Love this lad but he is not good enough to lead a team chasing the title our bad results are not all on him Diaz/Salah been shite too but for a main striker he misses too many especially when its a pressure game

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

At a club with our aspirations, and considering the current market values for players, he should be a £25m/£30m plan B off the bench. Or starting every week for Wolves or Brighton.

He’d be good out wide with a proper, prolific, physical 9 like Solanke in the main role.

I think Mo needs to move on. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

He’d be good out wide with a proper, prolific, physical 9 like Solanke in the main role.

Yeah, he looks like he'd be better wide left. I think we'd see improvement from all four of the others if Salah left. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, he looks like he'd be better wide left. I think we'd see improvement from all four of the others if Salah left. 

I’m sure there are better options than Solanke but we need that type of striker now. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

I think Mo needs to get the ball in space, not just when he has two three players around him and not when our midfielders just want to pass the ball for the sake of the pass because they get closed down.

Mac Allister had a really poor game today, but with Trent back now and Mac Allister om a normal day we will start to release the ball more quickly, we will be able to switch play more and that again will make it more difficult for the opposition to crowd the area where Mo finds himself. 

The only time he really get any time on the ball these days is when he is hugging the line. 

This obviously is supposed to give our other players more space , it does as well, but they dont manage to make it count. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Not a number 9. 

We don’t play a traditional number 9 anyway. People want him to be Pele, Haaland and Shearer all rolled into one. 

It would be nice if he scored more like. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

I’m sure there are better options than Solanke but we need that type of striker now. 

Jota's fitness is an issue for squad building. If he could play 80% of games you'd start him most weeks, blood Danns as a sub and in cup games etc, and you wouldn't need to sign a number nine. But if he pulled his hamstring in the third game of the season we'd be fucked. 

What I think doesn't work is having a group of forwards like we do, but some can have a stinker and be out of the side for a few weeks, and others can't even come off for the last two minutes of games. 

Inter is a really good example of where they do things completely differently. They have two starters and two backs ups, and all four of them know the score.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We don’t play a traditional number 9 anyway. People want him to be Pele, Haaland and Shearer all rolled into one. 

I just mean as our main man to score goals. He's terrible infront of goal, he really is. It's getting harder and harder to single him out for that though as the entire team is garbage at shooting. This isn't a new thing either but Klopps style just creates masses of chances.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No. People don't think having statistically one of the worst finishers in the league starting upfront every week is a good idea, Stig. If his finishing doesn't improve quickly the next manager will bin him off. His attitude and work rate is spot on, and justifiably buys him time and support, but at some point he has to show more.

30 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

Its come to the point where you can't defend the indefensible.  He just misses far too mnay good chances.

Its just the same as having a great player whose injury prone. You can hope & pray it might come good but when it keeps happening time and time again it reaches a point you've got to call it a day.

Here's a crazy idea

Give him service 

• Upvote 1