You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sat 7th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

5 minutes ago, J-V said:

Leicester and Brighton for me.  Plus the wonder goal from kovacic who's done fuck all of the sort for the rest of the Season.

We were 2-0 up at Stamford Bridge, weren’t we? Tough to take that day. 

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

They were always going to be good for a goal - we got caught in transition coming out of a corner with our fullbacks flipped- not good.

Is that what happened? I thought it was a goal kick? Or they played it back to Lloris, who hoofed it to Emerson, who hoofed it to Kane. 

24 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

On a different note ,I've been going the match since I was eleven, had a season ticket for 35 yrs in various parts of the ground, am a member of spirit of shankly, am 65 today,and I'm in South Wales, Tenby with my gorgeous wife,and I am very,very drunk !keep the faith people, you all support a fabulous club.good night ,God bless.

Belongs in the I am Man thread on the GF - top marks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well, they beat Chelsea twice and convincingly. Spurs, they have a regular problem with. Tactically, they had problems in some of them, but easily won others. 

In the league, we can't really say we performed well enough in the big games.

Again, you could right, but the margins are so tight a few different rationales could be reasonably applied. If we’d beaten Brentford, for example, we wouldn’t even be totting up outcomes against ‘top’ sides. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Is that what happened? I thought it was a goal kick? Or they played it back to Lloris, who hoofed it to Emerson, who hoofed it to Kane. 

I can't even remember but the fullbacks we're on the wrong side for sure.  Hell Robertson was on the penalty spot near enough when they scored so fuck knows what he was doing.

1 minute ago, J-V said:

I can't even remember but the fullbacks we're on the wrong side for sure.  Hell Robertson was on the penalty spot near enough when they scored so fuck knows what he was doing.

We were all over the place, not good enough.

I mean, Klopp can point to this season and say look how close we are to being almost unbeatable, just back me with £100m this summer and watch us.  But, no, that's now how luck works.  Basically no injuries to so many of our players, that's a fluke, even with a fluke we likely fall short.  And a big reason is down to Salah being utter shite since December. Utter shite.  Diaz has papered over some big cracks. 

We often play with a bit of a vanilla midfield, there's no Bernardo Silva or De Bruyne or Gundogan in there, so our front three have to do a lot of heavy lifting.  Salah has gone MIA, and he's playing way too often on that basis, so it's been draining for the other two.   

34 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

What the fuck mate?"I had pretty much accepted that the league was gone" you are a follower and not a supporter then.im pissed off we didn't win today,obviously, but on the way the game went, I think a draw was a fair result.my own opinion obviously.,but come on people, we are at some stage going to draw games,and heaven forbid lose games,but for fucks sake,we can still win the league, and are in two major finals.

On a different note ,I've been going the match since I was eleven, had a season ticket for 35 yrs in various parts of the ground, am a member of spirit of shankly, am 65 today,and I'm in South Wales, Tenby with my gorgeous wife,and I am very,very drunk !keep the faith people, you all support a fabulous club.good night ,God bless.

Fuck off Pete!

You even got a Birthday thread today...I have never had one of them.

I mean...what has Pete actually done for us??? Nothing!!!

Well yeah...the Halewood thing...but what has he ever done?

Well obviously the good posts in the funny pictures thread. I mean that goes without saying!

But really? What has Pete ever done for us?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

We often play with a bit of a vanilla midfield, there's no Bernardo Silva or De Bruyne or Gundogan in there, so our front three have to do a lot of heavy lifting.  Salah has gone MIA, and he's playing way too often on that basis, so it's been draining for the other two.   

You, my friend, are drunk. Watch number 6 play the game for a few minutes every week.

If you're looking for positives, didnt Man City need to win every game to guarantee they won the league before tonight? Thats not the case now so maybe it makes it more likely they will take their eye off the ball. I doubt they will but time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Fuck off Pete!

You even got a Birthday thread today...I have never had one of them.

I mean...what has Pete actually done for us??? Nothing!!!

Well yeah...the Halewood thing...but what has he ever done?

Well obviously the good posts in the funny pictures thread. I mean that goes without saying!

But really? What has Pete ever done for us?

The actacunt? 

*he's never a cunt 

If we have to accept that the cheats have rsised the bar to near perfection is needed then let's look at the facts....

19-20 when we won it we had just 3 draws all season, this season we have had 8 draws.

So we obviously need to draw less.

Covid ravaged teams aside against Tottenham and Chelsea around Christmas (Morton, Milner, Keita midfield away at Tottenham) it felt to me like the Brighton and Brentford draws and maybe even Chelsea draw at home we could have done better if we had been better at controlling possession/managing the games and having better options as back ups.

Maybe if we had got a midfield addition in summer maybe a forward too in the summer ....look at how Diaz has made such a difference post Jan or maybe played tactically more controlled football when we were a bit weaker earlier on - our midfield was really unsettled early in season especially...Thiago and Fabinho missed a lot of games and we had to rotate for various reasons almost every week early on...go and look at our midfield selections in first months of season, we rarely fielded same 3 and always seemed to be missing key men in there....Once that stopped results picked up.....says to me the back up is not quite good enough for this carazily high bar.

We are fucking amazing, but bar is so high now and these are the margins we are talking about - a handful of draws.

When the ball was in the air for their goal...it really looked like we weren't getting back fast enough from midfield.

I love Fab and was ace in the first half. But it looked like he could have got back faster.

Anyway...its still been a fucking ace season...and it not over yet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jennings said:

When the ball was in the air for their goal...it really looked like we weren't getting back fast enough from midfield.

I love Fab and was ace in the first half. But it looked like he could have got back faster.

Anyway...its still been a fucking ace season...and it not over yet.

I think Trent was most to blame for the goal, but Fabinho should absolutely have gotten back and brought Kane down.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

7 goals and 4 assists in 2022. Utter shite is an exaggeration.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

7 goals and 4 assists in 2022. Utter shite is an exaggeration.

Compared to what he is, and if you discount pens, yes I think we expect more. But the other side to that is not having anyone in midfield to exploit the markers drawn to him.  Thiago is a class act but not high up the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, waddy78 said:
How many thought City were through on 88 minutes on Wednesday?
It’s not over until it’s over, City will drop points before the end of the season.

They might drop points. But they won't drop enough for us to win. 

Think its too late in the season for any twists now and that point they have over us is a pain in the arse. As much as i love Klopp and wouldn’t change him for anyone, I just feel he doesn’t have the eye of the tiger to go for the kill when its needed. That Keita sub at the end was ridiculous and deflated the crowd whereas if Origi came on at least we could say we went for it. He might have got on the end of one of those aimless crosses we loved sending in if he’d have got on earlier. Jota’s stunk for months and makes us worse and he’d have been better coming on the last 5. 

• Upvote 1