You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benfica (H) - UCL Quarter Final 2nd leg, Wed 13th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Personally, I'd like us to go something like this;

---------------------Allison--------------------

Gomez----Konate----Van Dijk---Robertson

------Keita-------Henderson----Milner-----

----Ox------------Firmino---------Diaz----

The onus is on them to score goals. This would allow us do defend well as well as being a threat on the counter. Our setup depends on how much Sunday's game will have taken out of us, I guess. If Klopp has gotten sufficient guarantees about our players recovery and fitness, we might go full strength. He's always prioritised the CL when with us, so even if I'd like him to I can't imagine he'll field a weakened side to prepare for the FA cup semi (even if it's City awaiting us).

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm saying that's the likely alternative, not that Jota is prime Messi on the right, relax, mate.

There is no alternative for Salah on the right, and any alternative would be experimental.

That's my point.

Offering up "Jota" as a reponse to that doesn't make you clever mate.

36 minutes ago, m0e said:

There is no alternative for Salah on the right, and any alternative would be experimental.

That's my point.

Offering up "Jota" as a reponse to that doesn't make you clever mate.

I don't disagree. I just think you're a twat, so I wanted to argue to annoy you.

But I don't think it's absolutely critical that Salah starts if the rest of the starting 11 is strong. It's not like he's playing well anyway.

• Upvote 1

We've only seen glimpses when players have been switching positions  but Diaz has looked like he might be the best bet to cover Mo on the right. And by " best bet" I mean he hasn't looked completely out of place.  

I'd make some changes for this...freshen things up a touch.

Alisson

TAA       

Konate         

Van Dijk         

Tsimikas

Keita         

Henderson         

Jones

Jota         

Firmino         

Diaz

Still a massive game with a job to be done, but that side should have enough and will give 1 or 2 a much needed rest/protect 1 or 2 too.

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think Tsimikas has been a bit unfairly treated games-wise, particularly as Robbo hasn't been on top form for a good while.

Same, he’s been good nearly every time he’s played.