You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

13 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I should have said 100 million rather than 200 million there, as I reckon Dortmund would have sold for that if we'd slapped it on the table.  But yeah can't disagree with anything you've written there.

50 million or so for someone sneaky good should be what we're going for. 

At 100m, it'd certainly be a discussion. But what I've seen of him, I don't quite understand why he's worth what he is. I get he's achieved a lot in terms of appearances and that has led to his inclusion in the England squad. But I've seen him a few times for Dortmund and a few for England, and I don't quite understand what he does that makes him worth that much. But if our scouts, data team and klopp all think he's worth it, then I'd be ok with us being in for him. I just suspect there's better value out there and I'm not sure he's the best there is - which at 100m he should be. 

Anyway, twatter says it's Douglas luiz, so that must be right. 

3 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Show me that quote then. Instead of the one you shared. Cause nothing you have shared so far does that. All it says is we were in for him. I never said we weren't, no one has, it's pretty much common knowledge. I have said we have most likely been seriously looking at others. Can you show me where he said we have had no interest in anyone else at all until last week? That was the point you were making earlier

Yeah, thought not. 

What a bizarre tirade about dog shit. Sounds like you need to talk to someone about that.

You're incredibly deluded.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

At 100m, it'd certainly be a discussion. But what I've seen of him, I don't quite understand why he's worth what he is. I get he's achieved a lot in terms of appearances and that has led to his inclusion in the England squad. But I've seen him a few times for Dortmund and a few for England, and I don't quite understand what he does that makes him worth that much. But if our scouts, data team and klopp all think he's worth it, then I'd be ok with us being in for him. I just suspect there's better value out there and I'm not sure he's the best there is - which at 100m he should be. 

Yeah, agree.  I reckon I've seen one Dortmund game, a couple of England games and a few highlights.  He's always seemed pretty tidy, good on the ball, but not steps above the other players.  It's hard for midfielders to really justify being worth massive amounts of cash, unless they really are excellent at controlling the play and passing the ball, or creating and scoring goals.  It's very much a "fitting into the team" position, and especially more so they way Klopp has us playing.

8 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

We’ve bid for Douglas Luis from Villa apparently 

Watched a good bit of villa last year Luis certainly looked the part early on in the season . Sort of player who can make things tick for other good players. Potential to be a Gini type player for us but not sure he has the same physicality. Like him if good value would take him . Potential to be good squad player/part time starter if 20 to 30 million fits the bi.

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

All reminds me of the hype on Jordan Sancho at the time...all those goals/assist at Dortmund...I get that Bellingham may be good, but this box to box Gerrard/De Bruyne clone...head scratcher for me.

1 hour ago, clockspeed said:

Watched a good bit of villa last year Luis certainly looked the part early on in the season . Sort of player who can make things tick for other good players. Potential to be a Gini type player for us but not sure he has the same physicality. Like him if good value would take him . Potential to be good squad player/part time starter if 20 to 30 million fits the bi.

He gets around the park, closes down etc, bit like Gini, seems to have a bit of an engine on him and hopefully can stay fit,...just keep him away from Keita or he will catch that disease.

I'm assuming nothing is happening with the melodrama that is Naby Keita!