You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I know you hate Joshua, but surely you would rather watch that fight than have Fury retired and Joshua fighting some Lithuanian accountant to rebuild his profile.

I hate Joshua but I agree, fighting each other would still be a massive fight and better than the likes of Charr, Chisora, etc.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

I know you hate Joshua, but surely you would rather watch that fight than have Fury retired and Joshua fighting some Lithuanian accountant to rebuild his profile.

Frankly no.

I am sick of seeing Joshua and his giant fucking ego pandered to.

Get in line, earn your shot.

He has lost 3 of his last 5 fights - his entitled attitude stinks - look at his behaviour after Usyk fight - stealing his spotlight, making it all about himself.

Fury won't retire and i'd rather see someone who deserves another shot, a Ruiz - who just won again in his 2nd fight since losing the title, or an up and coming fighter get a shot....or of course Usyk v Fury for all the belts - when it can happen...all before that entitled prick Joshua gets yet another go.

Joshua and his ego and his teams arrogance and ego can fuck off, get to the back of the queue and earn a shot.

12 hours ago, an tha said:

Frankly no.

I am sick of seeing Joshua and his giant fucking ego pandered to.

Get in line, earn your shot.

He has lost 3 of his last 5 fights - his entitled attitude stinks - look at his behaviour after Usyk fight - stealing his spotlight, making it all about himself.

Fury won't retire and i'd rather see someone who deserves another shot, a Ruiz - who just won again in his 2nd fight since losing the title, or an up and coming fighter get a shot....or of course Usyk v Fury for all the belts - when it can happen...all before that entitled prick Joshua gets yet another go.

Joshua and his ego and his teams arrogance and ego can fuck off, get to the back of the queue and earn a shot.

Fury won't fight up and comers though.

The choice is Joshua or a tick-over fight against some absolute pudding. So the Joshua fight is far more appealing as a fan.

You're right what you are saying but the game doesn't work like that, it's all about the money.

9 hours ago, Elite said:

Fury won't fight up and comers though.

The choice is Joshua or a tick-over fight against some absolute pudding. So the Joshua fight is far more appealing as a fan.

You're right what you are saying but the game doesn't work like that, it's all about the money.

Oh yeah course - 100%

But i don't think there has been a fighter in heavyweight history who if this happens will have had as many shots without getting back in line as Joshua....and he simply does not deserve it.

17 hours ago, an tha said:

Oh yeah course - 100%

But i don't think there has been a fighter in heavyweight history who if this happens will have had as many shots without getting back in line as Joshua....and he simply does not deserve it.

Nah, it's the fight most boxing fans want to see. The build up will be superb and watching him getting his head panel beaten again will be glorious. He will fancy himself as well after the Usyk fight. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah, it's the fight most boxing fans want to see. The build up will be superb and watching him getting his head panel beaten again will be glorious. He will fancy himself as well after the Usyk fight. 

I actually think he's doing himself no favours taking it. It's not just the should wait in line because he's lost 3 out of 5 fights, but clearly he needs to go away and work, make some changes and come back a better fighter, so when he next fights at the top level he might win. Unless fury doesn't take the fight seriously, he will absolutely destroy Joshua. He has all the boxing skills of usyk and isn't small. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I actually think he's doing himself no favours taking it. It's not just the should wait in line because he's lost 3 out of 5 fights, but clearly he needs to go away and work, make some changes and come back a better fighter, so when he next fights at the top level he might win. Unless fury doesn't take the fight seriously, he will absolutely destroy Joshua. He has all the boxing skills of usyk and isn't small. 

He hasn't got much time left and will know that Fury won't be an option forever. I actually thought he looked as good as he has in years the other week. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yet he still lost and was unable to do anything to make his size and weight count. 

Based on Usyk arguably being pound for pond the best in the world right now. I still think Fury batters him mate, I can just see why he's taken it. No point in him fighting Whyte or Chisora. Wilder might have been a better option but I think he loses that as well. He'll get a decent purse for this and if he manages to pull it off he's back up there. 

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Based on Usyk arguably being pound for pond the best in the world right now. I still think Fury batters him mate, I can just see why he's taken it. No point in him fighting Whyte or Chisora. Wilder might have been a better option but I think he loses that as well. He'll get a decent purse for this and if he manages to pull it off he's back up there. 

So supoosedly he's made changes in his last camp, as you say, he boxed better than we've seen from him. I just think he needs to continue that path and get his skills tuned against opponents who less like Fury! As you say, there's a pretty good chance he'd lose to wilder as no doubt catch him at some point. But if he gets a chance to improve, maybe only fury out there beats him - he could have beat usyk with a little more smarts. He should beat him because he's fucking miles stronger. 

I agree there's not much point in a white fight, but maybe he needs to fight some different fighters. Stop worrying about the pay packet for a couple of fights, get out to the US and fight some different opponents. Then try and get his belts back. Unless fury quits, that fight will be there. I think he should try and fight again this year and make sure he gets 2 fights in and 3 if he can manage it next year. Then go for the belts in 24.