You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

14 hours ago, Johnlj said:

KD Lang Gordon to explode on to the scene in January. It'll be Fowleresque unless the lad is still injured that is.

It feels like ages since we had a striker come through. I appreciate that we have been very spoiled though we’ve had some brilliant players come through in the PL era. Even now we have Trent, Curtis Jones and Elliot. 

35 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure where Neco could go. He is not good enough overall to get into a top half side and doesn't defend well enough to be in a back 4 that sits deep.

Could do well for a promotion chasing  championship side (have Bournemouth got some cash?) or a team that likes to attack such as a Brighton (if they sell lamptey). He could do a job for plenty of teams if he’s asked to play further forward. 

7 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Could do well for a promotion chasing  championship side (have Bournemouth got some cash?) or a team that likes to attack such as a Brighton (if they sell lamptey). He could do a job for plenty of teams if he’s asked to play further forward. 

They have the Dutch fella who plays on the right side as well, good player.

You mean as a winger?

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

As he was up for sale this summer, that's hardly a shock is it? It's almost like we're trying to remind Newcastle he exists. "Mr Howe, could we please draw your attention to this wonderful right back we have, who for sure is going to go on and be a Welsh great". 

2 hours ago, dave u said:

HOT TAKE INCOMING:

I don't think we need to sign anyone in January.

There, I said it.

I'd have a forward and have him in January 1st. 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They have the Dutch fella who plays on the right side as well, good player.

You mean as a winger?

Ah forgot about him. Maybe that rules them out but he could be useful to a similar side. 

I think he could play in right side of midfield in a team that isn’t as attacking as us (so perhaps a little deeper). He’s not a bad player and is homegrown so you would imagine someone taking a punt as long as his wages and fee were not too prohibitive. 

14 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Ah forgot about him. Maybe that rules them out but he could be useful to a similar side. 

I think he could play in right side of midfield in a team that isn’t as attacking as us (so perhaps a little deeper). He’s not a bad player and is homegrown so you would imagine someone taking a punt as long as his wages and fee were not too prohibitive. 

He is a very good young player - perfect for what we need.

Think it is too early for him to make a move imo, unless as you say it is to a top Championship side.

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

I don't mean to disrespect the kid, but I remember watching Williams against Fulham, and Lookman must've done him about 15 times in the first half alone. He's not good enough to be a Premier League player in my opinion. 

I'd be surprised if him, Rhys Williams, Tyler Morton and Leighton Clarkson played 50 premier league games between them. Not seen anything to suggest they are premier league players. That's not meant as a dig either, not many can be. Think they will all go the way of Ibe, a few games, big them up and sell them on. Already seems to be in motion for Neco.

48 minutes ago, John102 said:

I'd be surprised if him, Rhys Williams, Tyler Morton and Leighton Clarkson played 50 premier league games between them. Not seen anything to suggest they are premier league players. That's not meant as a dig either, not many can be. Think they will all go the way of Ibe, a few games, big them up and sell them on. Already seems to be in motion for Neco.

Ibe has over 100 PL games himself.

I think Morton will be a PL level player.

5 hours ago, dave u said:

HOT TAKE INCOMING:

I don't think we need to sign anyone in January.

There, I said it.

I'll be back to neg this if it has the same follow on effect that your catastrophic We have no shit players anymore thread had a few years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ibe has over 100 PL games himself.

I think Morton will be a PL level player.

Morton looks like he can pass a football. But he's way below the required physically right now. He has time to bulk up, but he is very slow and that is much tougher to improve. I think he has an enormous distance to travel to get 100 PL games - in the Leicester and Spurs games he looked like a child and was incredibly poor. I would hope not to see him play again this season. He's already got more minutes than he would have hoped I'd think and his development will be better served improving his physicality.