You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup draw

suzy

53 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If the semis are going to be played over two days and Old Trafford is in use for one day, what's the problem?

We play Man Utd on the Tuesday night, so the turnaround for us is to tight to play Sunday and Tuesday. 

City play Brighton on the Weds.

Both are on TV, I’d expect them to want to make the most of our game v the mancs. 

We can’t play on Good Friday because we both play in the CL on the Weds. 

Anyway, only 5k of supporters are effected apparently so no plans to move from Wembley. 

Even if everybody gets a coach, that’s an extra 90-100 coaches required. I bet the FA & their partner National Express do fuck all to assist. 

98395A75-5055-4D81-885A-109660FD8A72.png

57 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If the semis are going to be played over two days and Old Trafford is in use for one day, what's the problem?

The FA want to use the white elephant known as Wembley?

15 hours ago, an tha said:

It is absolute shite the semis are at Wembley....One of the big things with domestic cups is to make the final and get to Wembley....fucking semi finals being there is shite.

Should be way it was where semis are housed at the best ground based on the clubs playing.

So for example Chelsea v Palace would be Emirates or Tottenham....Us v The Cheats - The Toilet.

But of course the £££££'s talks and FA have tied into Wembley.

Semi-finals at Wembley are utter shite. It made sense when they played the early nineties Arsenal v Tottenham ones there, I suppose. However, I’d forgotten that Wembley was the venue for the all- Sheffield semi in 1993 and Manchester United v Oldham in 1994.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Semi-finals at Wembley are utter shite. It made sense when they played the early nineties Arsenal v Tottenham ones there, I suppose. However, I’d forgotten that Wembley was the venue for the all- Sheffield semi in 1993 and Manchester United v Oldham in 1994.

I can't quite remember, but weren't the early 90's instances of semis at wembley driven by grounds undergoing redevelopment with the move to all seater.....not enough suitable grounds available with capacities high enough as half leagues grounds were building sites...?

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

I can't quite remember, but weren't the early 90's instances of semis at wembley driven by grounds undergoing redevelopment with the move to all seater.....not enough suitable grounds available with capacities high enough as half leagues grounds were building sites...?

I hadn’t thought of that. You’re probably right.

The FA and 99% of teams and their fans wonder why the other 1% don’t give a flying fuck about this cup anymore.

it carries no kudos, no financial clout and is a massive pain in the arse to match going fans who are stretched enough as it is, to then have some hooray Henry tv scheduler put games on at shit times, on the wrong day, that creates havoc for fans to get there and we’re then told about the mystique of Wembley and the so called magic of the cup. Load of crap. Lovely idea the quadruple but I’m comfortable with swerving this and the Rumble-Cola- Milk Cup. 
“it’s a great day out for the fans, Jim”

is it fuck, fleeced and hearded is what a cup final day out is like. 

of course I want to beat Man City but it’s about beating them and a lot less about a third rate semi final in a cup that carries very little relevance these days. 

if I’m pushed, I may come off the fence on this one, so be careful. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Anyway, only 5k of supporters are effected apparently so no plans to move from Wembley. 

Even if everybody gets a coach, that’s an extra 90-100 coaches required. I bet the FA & their partner National Express do fuck all to assist. 

98395A75-5055-4D81-885A-109660FD8A72.png

National express will probably run a limited service and the M6 will have tons of roadworks like it has done for the last 15 years. 

Watch out for two sets of football fans fighting in service stations in front of families or in the car park. 

We all know it's money but the FA still haven't come out and said why they can't move it. 

Boris Johnson was asked about it in parliament today and basically said "I'm not going to comment on this particular fixture" so expect coach companies with tory bosses to be wanking themselves apart and prices to be sky high. 

• Upvote 1

On 22/03/2022 at 19:56, Scott_M said:

Is that any easier to get to than Wembley that weekend?

Issue with Newcastle or Sunderland is the majority of Liverpool trains will go through Manchester.

Cardiff is a pain to get to from Liverpool. Change at Crewe then most trains stop at every small town in Wales on the way down.  Last time I went there it was a Saturday and they only had two carriages on. No virgin pendolino style trains. The train was already rammed as it had come from Manchester Piccadilly 

In Britain unless you go direct on a train to London the rest of the rail network is completely shite and you pay a fortune for it.

Took me 2 hours to get to Burnley the other week due to cancellation, overcrowding and delays over the slightest bit of bad weather. A distance of about 50 miles.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

From memory spurs v arsenal was the 1st one then they obviously realised they could make much more money that way.

Because approx 15,000-20,000 fans can't get from the North West to Wembley by rail then is it ludicrous to suggest that the game be moved to a stadium with less than 55,000 capacity, e.g Villa, St. James' Park etc.  

I could understand if Old Trafford was available but it will be at Wembley unless it's moved to Scotland or Wales

9 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

The all Sheffield semi was to be played at Elland Road,until it was pointed out to the FA that both Blades and Owls fans mutually despise Leeds,who themselves hate both Sheffield teams,so they switched it to Wembley.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

We all know it's money but the FA still haven't come out and said why they can't move it. 

Very true.

It’s actually annoying me now. It’s going to be at Wembley and because of surrounding fixtures, it’s going to be on the Saturday. 

They’ve dropped a bollock, they aren’t going to change their minds, just get on with it.

• Upvote 1

There have been multiple complaints about semi-finals being played at Wembley since the FA decreed they should take place there. None have been moved. This one wasn’t ever going to be moved either no matter how sensible it might be, because the FA have steadfastly shown since Wembley has been rebuilt, that they want to maximise profits and keeping the semi-finals there won’t affect their takings because fans will find a way to get there, particularly Liverpool fans, and at any time, on any date, as has been proved previously in any big game we play.

We are victims of our own passion.

Not sure the City end will be full however.

19 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I agree mate , utter bollocks have semi's at Wembley. Money spinner for the FA .  Personally I would just do away with the neutral grounds and leave it down to semi draw to decide who gets home advantage. 

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Boris Johnson was asked about it in parliament today and basically said "I'm not going to comment on this particular fixture" so expect coach companies with tory bosses to be wanking themselves apart and prices to be sky high. 

As long as his old school mates at the FA and Wembley are making money.

He probably doesn't even know what footy is.