Quantcast
Proposed Champions League format change - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Proposed Champions League format change

That sounds absolutely awful.

Presumably the top 16 in the leaague would qualify for the knock outs.

Fuck knows where they fit in 4 extra games in the calendar. A blatant money making exercise.

• Upvote 1

So they want more games where the big clubs play each other, without the risk of said big clubs missing out on the knockout stages. 

How do the smaller clubs feel about this? I imagine they'd get a couple more games against the big clubs in this league thing, but at the same time reducing their chances of qualifying for the knockouts to practically zero. 

I'm all in for it. The game needs to move on. We can see the PL is backwards and corrupt as fuck so let us march into the future with our European brethren. 

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I'm all in for it. The game needs to move on. We can see the PL is backwards and corrupt as fuck so let us march into the future with our European brethren. 

And UEFA isnt? Its a load of shite for me as I can just about stomach the current set up of meaningless games. I'm on the cusp of binning it all such is my general disinterest in the current climate.

17 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And UEFA isnt? Its a load of shite for me as I can just about stomach the current set up of meaningless games. I'm on the cusp of binning it all such is my general disinterest in the current climate.

UEFA is, aye. But the PL is in a different league altogether. There are meaningless games in all leagues and in all competitions in fairness. A few more in a more forward looking league wouldn't be too big of an issue for me. 

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Has all the hallmarks of as big a shitfest as VAR has turned out to be.

But VAR is making the game better and more entertaining, right?