You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Halsey: Referee standards have dropped to alarming levels  

TLW

4 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

Since Klopp had a go at Mason the decisions negatively impacting us have been pretty much non-stop, I think the ownership group do need to come out and say something as it's really hindering us consistently now.

Not just say something. Do something. We've got a huge team of data nerds - they should be told to collect every single questionable decision in that entire game, along with all the inconsistent and contentious decisions in the past few games, package them all up in a report and slam it on Howard Webb's desk. When it's just one complaint, they can always wriggle out of that whilst still having the brass neck to punish anyone who complained. But they need to be hit by such a detailed and precise set of questions and criticisms that they really start shitting themselves. At the very least that would scare them off trying to continue with the same bluff and bluster as before.

Why are so many people saying it's not corruption? What are you basing this on? Obviously just your opinion.

But I'd like to point out that this weekend news broke that Barcelona are going to court for paying a match official secret payments for 18 years in Spain. They will stand trial against a normal jury.

Juventus got relegated for match fixing in Italy.

Why are you so sure it's not happening in football and in the premier league? How can you be positive that our league is squeaky clean? Where there's big money there will always be big temptation to cheat.

The cunt that was on VAR was over in the UAE reffing 2 days ago. You think he can't be bought by middle east money? When they now have a vested interest in the premier League?

We went for Mason last season, his friends and colleagues won't have liked it. You think a few refs can't buy a different phone, set up a WhatsApp group and discuss stuff in private? Fuck Liverpool, give them nothing, they attacked our mate? 

I'd never take the stance of no corruption, I've seen how the world works and how humans think. It's greed, politics, power and vendettas in modern day society. You'd be stupid to think there isn't even a possibility of corruption.

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

?

We went for Mason last season, his friends and colleagues won't have liked it. You think a few refs can't buy a different phone, set up a WhatsApp group and discuss stuff in private? Fuck Liverpool, give them nothing, they attacked our mate? 

For a start I doubt they’d have the competence to buy each of them new phones, the knowledge to set up a WhatsApp group or even send a message. They’d all be accidentally posting pictures of their feet and photos of their cocks before getting their phones mixed up with the TV remote.

The problem with highly paid all-expenses side jollies to the UAE isn’t so much the danger officials are paid off, but rather that they won’t want to do anything that may call a halt to them. And that can lead to a very real in-game bias.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The problem with highly paid all-expenses side jollies to the UAE isn’t so much the danger officials are paid off, but rather that they won’t want to do anything that may call a halt to them. And that can lead to a very real in-game bias.

Definitely.  And that in itself would be corruption.

1 hour ago, Jack the Sipper said:

People can and do pull all sorts of stats out of their arse to help whatever point they want to make. Here's one of many that we had to fight against and add context to:

Those numbers are close though. There's an obvious pattern with each club being a stronger side and we're not ahead by 50 pens or anything odd.

I can't be arsed with the bias shouts, I am more bothered about what's happening to football as a whole. It may be irredeemably broken and we are entering a period where we'll never again see the spontaneous euphoric joy it once brought.

Think we all know what will be incoming from the FA/PGMOL

The refs will be banned from referring in the Arab leagues during midweek. The refs will start a media campaign saying the premier league/FA are driving refs away by causing a loss of income and will start crying about it wanting higher wages. Some refs will fuck off the Saudi pro league, the FA/EPL will relent but there will be a new story and it'll all carry on as is. With tbe refs having a bigger God complex. 

The refs that leave will be replace by more bald greater Manchester knobheads

6 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I can't be arsed with the bias shouts, I am more bothered about what's happening to football as a whole. It may be irredeemably broken and we are entering a period where we'll never again see the spontaneous euphoric joy it once brought.

Automated offside should help bring a bit of that back. We're in the tough teething stage of utilising technology, where it's not yet advanced enough to do without human intervention, and thus you have the worst of both worlds.

4 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I never bought into the conspiracy angle but for a mistake as obvious as this for all the gathered 'professionals' in the VAR room and not one say hang on a mo lets look at this. Given the speed of the decision it is as if the head man has said its off let it go and everyone has just stared at their feet.

That's one possibility, out of millions.

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Automated offside should help bring a bit of that back. We're in the tough teething stage of utilising technology, where it's not yet advanced enough to do without human intervention, and thus you have the worst of both worlds.

Years away. They're still using MSpaint to draw lines.

11 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Years away. They're still using MSpaint to draw lines.

Sure with the goal line tech with the camera rotating around, this could be adapted to offside?

12 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Apparently, any side picking up more than five bookings in a game faces a sanction from the FA. Really, if we don't take the initiative and strike first about this wretched game we'll be ruled by these bastards.

Agree. We have to get our retaliation in first.

37 minutes ago, Jennings said:

So you dont mind the stats on opponents’ second yellow card indicating that we’ve been systematically cheated since 2015? Or do you see any other reasonable explanation for that massive statistical outllier?

24 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Apparently, any side picking up more than five bookings in a game faces a sanction from the FA. Really, if we don't take the initiative and strike first about this wretched game we'll be ruled by these bastards.

They wouldn’t fucking dare after that disallowed goal, surely?

17 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sure with the goal line tech with the camera rotating around, this could be adapted to offside?

Maybe -but right now, they only use the offside system when there's been a goal. That is fundamentally flawed.

7 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

So you dont mind the stats on opponents’ second yellow card indicating that we’ve been systematically cheated since 2015. Or do you see any other reasonable explanation for that massive statistical outllier?

I am saying that I see other teams being the victim of atrocious decisions with no accountability. Fixing this is the priority.

18 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Goal line tech is easy, similar to it's use in tennis. It is basically a garage door opener system as it is a straight line that does not move.

To begin to use anything similar there would need to be tracks up and down both of the lines.