You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

First time I saw Sadowitz he had his cock out waving it at the front row inside the first 5 minutes and sprayed the middle rows with what he said was piss through a super soaker not too long after that.

People weren’t walking out, they were sprinting out.

Just to be clear, the venue Sadowitz was playing was Edinburgh International Conference Centre, the theatre company who cancelled his second show are Pleasance, some London based wankers Edinburgh council have sold the city out to.

At least all this didn't have a detrimental impact on quality.

Funniest jokes poll at the Edinburgh festival fringe.

(1) “I tried to steal spaghetti from the shop, but the female guard saw me and I couldn’t get pasta.”

(1) “Did you know, if you get pregnant in the Amazon, it’s next day delivery?”

35 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

At least all this didn't have a detrimental impact on quality.

Funniest jokes poll at the Edinburgh festival fringe.

(1) “I tried to steal spaghetti from the shop, but the female guard saw me and I couldn’t get pasta.”

(1) “Did you know, if you get pregnant in the Amazon, it’s next day delivery?”

Yeah it was far more edgy in the past before all this woke cancel culture nonsense.

• 2019 – Olaf Falafel: “I keep randomly shouting out ‘Broccoli’ and ‘Cauliflower’ – I think I might have Florets.”
  • 2018 – Adam Rowe: “Working at the jobcentre has to be a tense job, knowing that if you get fired you still have to come in the next day.”
  • 2017 – Ken Cheng: “I’m not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again, I hate all change.”
  • 2016 – Masai Graham: “My dad suggested I register for a donor card. He’s a man after my own heart.”
  • 2015 – Darren Walsh: “I just deleted all the German names off my phone. It’s Hans free.”
  • 2014 – Tim Vine: “I’ve decided to sell my Hoover – well, it was just collecting dust.”
  • 2013 – Rob Auton: “I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa.”
  • 2012 – Stewart Francis: “You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks.”
  • 2011 – Nick Helm: “I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.”
  • 2010 – Tim Vine: “I’ve just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I’ll tell you what, never again.”
  • 2009 – Dan Antopolski: “Hedgehogs – why can’t they just share the hedge?”
  • Upvote 1

Agree with Strontium on that shit winning joke.

Here are the top 10 from this year, not a great year I am guessing. 4,6 and 8 my personal top three.

Dave’s top 10 funniest jokes of the Fringe festival 2022

1. I tried to steal spaghetti from the shop, but the female guard saw me and I couldn’t get pasta – Masai Graham (52%)

2. Did you know, if you get pregnant in the Amazon, it’s next day delivery? – Mark Simmons (37%)

3. My attempts to combine nitrous oxide and Oxo cubes made me a laughing stock – Olaf Falafel (36%)

4. By my age, my parents had a house and a family, and to be fair to me, so do I, but it is the same house and the same family – Hannah Fairweather (35%)

5. I hate funerals. I’m not a mourning person – Will Mars (34%)

6. I spent the whole morning building a time machine, so that’s four hours of my life that I’m definitely getting back – Olaf Falafel (33%)

7. I sent a food parcel to my first wife. FedEx – Richard Pulsford (29%)

8. I used to live hand to mouth. Do you know what changed my life? Cutlery – Tim Vine (28%)

9. Don’t knock threesomes. Having a threesome is like hiring an intern to do all the jobs you hate – Sophie Duker (27%)

10. I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days – Will Duggan (25%)

19 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Out of interest, what’s the major “cancel this cunt now” difference of getting your cock out and getting your cock and tits out? 

It might be that the ticket sales warning states there's nudity in the show, whereas Sadowitz appears to be an impromptu display of his member.

18 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Out of interest, what’s the major “cancel this cunt now” difference of getting your cock out and getting your cock and tits out? 

None.

One theatre pulled Sadowitz's show because it "doesn't align with their values". Like you, I neither know nor care what they mean by that. It might be the alleged racist language. Maybe there was no nudity warning on the poster. Dunno.

Cancellation of Jerry Sadowitz going well

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2022/08/27/51645/jerry_sadowitz_named_act_most_likely_to_make_a_million_quid#

Malcolm Hardee awards handed out at Edinburgh Fringe

Jerry Sadowitz has been named ‘act most likely to make a million quid’ following his cancellation at the Edinburgh Fringe.

The comic won the Malcolm Hardee award after the second of two nights he was due to play at the Pleasance’s EICC venue was pulled amid complaints of racist and sexist material – and of exposing himself.

Judges said: ‘Ironically, after being cancelled, Sadowitz is seeing a huge increase in ticket sales for the show’s tour and is now adding a date at the 3,600+ seater Hammersmith Apollo in November. The Million Quid is getting closer for the most unlikely of reasons.’