You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The reason you're asking is not complicated at all: it's because you subscribe to Rico's daft "it's just a bloke in a dress" theory. Neither of you are prepared to debate stuff in good faith, so I've got little inclination to get into arguments with you.

You manage to have opinions on all sorts of complicated stuff, Brexit, Economic policy, politics e.g but not on whether men are generally stronger than women. If you wont give an opinion on that you're not exactly debating the trans subject in good faith.

16 minutes ago, A Red said:

You manage to have opinions on all sorts of complicated stuff, Brexit, Economic policy, politics e.g but not on whether men are generally stronger than women. If you wont give an opinion on that you're not exactly debating the trans subject in good faith.

Whether men are generally stronger than women isn't a matter of opinion. As you know.

I have informed opinion on the complicated stuff you mention. I have no knowledge of (or interest in) the rules of weightlifting or UFC.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ooh, look who's back. 

You never got around to explaining why "show that features nudity wins a minor award" fits into the Cancel Culture thread.

Didn’t see the question sorry.  Ask me again. But like an old school fairy tale if I answer yours you must answer mine. 

44 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Should the trans comedian be treated the same way as Sadowitz eg cancelled, as they’ve done the same as Sadowitz? (getting their cock out) 

Again - not a simple question.

I don't think the Sadowitz show  should have been cancelled. 

As far as I can tell, it's not just a case of Sadowitz being cancelled because he got his lad out.

Nobody here knows whether the posters or tickets for either show had a nudity warning.

As I've said, different venues can have different policies about what they do or don't allow. 

Strip out all of your speculative assumptions and correct for the differences between the two situations and we're left with a hypothetical question: should two performers be treated differently for doing the same thing? 

No. I don't think they should.

52 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Again - not a simple question.

I don't think the Sadowitz show  should have been cancelled. 

As far as I can tell, it's not just a case of Sadowitz being cancelled because he got his lad out.

Nobody here knows whether the posters or tickets for either show had a nudity warning.

As I've said, different venues can have different policies about what they do or don't allow. 

Strip out all of your speculative assumptions and correct for the differences between the two situations and we're left with a hypothetical question: should two performers be treated differently for doing the same thing? 

No. I don't think they should.

Sadowitzs did have warnings for adult

content.  It was the theatre staff who complained. 

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Whether men are generally stronger than women isn't a matter of opinion. As you know.

I have informed opinion on the complicated stuff you mention. I have no knowledge of (or interest in) the rules of weightlifting or UFC.

You dont need knowledge or interest in the rules of weightlifting or UFC to have an opinion on whether men are generally stronger than women.

11 minutes ago, A Red said:

You dont need knowledge or interest in the rules of weightlifting or UFC to have an opinion on whether men are generally stronger than women.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

It was, and that’s all your response had to be. 

You're full of the questions but as ever barely give an opinion on a fucking thing. Just shit-house sniping from the sidelines. Have a day of love.