You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

He's going to have to up his game to piss off that many people.

I've said it before, if you go to a Sadowitz show and don't find any of it offensive, there's something seriously wrong with you. 

Mind you, if everyone bitching about wokeness/snowflakes/cancel culture, etc, is to be believed, his shows will have got tamer over time, because he wouldn't have to try so hard to offend people.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

None.

One theatre pulled Sadowitz's show because it "doesn't align with their values". Like you, I neither know nor care what they mean by that. It might be the alleged racist language. Maybe there was no nudity warning on the poster. Dunno.

Well everybody who books a ticket to a Sadowitz (or any other show for that matter) is warned through the vendor if the material is offensive or not. I’m sure your experienced in this yourself. 

Should the trans comedian be treated the same way as Sadowitz eg cancelled, as they’ve done the same as Sadowitz? (getting their cock out)

Or is it acceptable to do it as long as you do it with a fake pair of tits and Whitney Houston’s “I’m Every Woman”*blaring out?

It seems that it’s one rule for one and another for everybody who disagrees. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Should the trans comedian be treated the same way as Sadowitz eg cancelled, as they’ve done the same as Sadowitz? (getting their cock out)

You're missing the point, Skids. It's empowering for audiences to see a female cock, just as it's empowering for women to be raped by a female cock in prison.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Well everybody who books a ticket to a Sadowitz (or any other show for that matter) is warned through the vendor if the material is offensive or not. I’m sure your experienced in this yourself. 

Or is it acceptable to do it as long as you do it with a fake pair of tits and Whitney Houston’s “I’m Every Woman”*blaring out?

It seems that it’s one rule for one and another for everybody who disagrees. 

Has anyone confirmed that the Pleasance Theatre cancelled Sadowitz because of his cock? 

Also, of course, we're talking about different venues; as long as they don't break any laws, surely venues should be free to decide what acts they do or don't book.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's a good reason I usually avoid that fucking obsessed cranks thread. It's shite when you weirdos drag it over into other threads.

I'm quite happy to be obsessed with protecting women from being harmed by male cosplayers.

However, I do now look forward to you condemning attempts to drag other crank topics into multiple threads.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Has anyone confirmed that the Pleasance Theatre cancelled Sadowitz because of his cock? 

Also, of course, we're talking about different venues; as long as they don't break any laws, surely venues should be free to decide what acts they do or don't book.

Answer the question and stop twisting yourself in knots. 

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

I know, you prefer to leave it to the experts as you're not qualified.

I understand it's a sickener for you, because you probably had a dead clever comeback for the "Yes" or "No" you wanted me to say, but (appropriately enough) life is sometimes a bit too complicated for simple binary choices.

23 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I understand it's a sickener for you, because you probably had a dead clever comeback for the "Yes" or "No" you wanted me to say, but (appropriately enough) life is sometimes a bit too complicated for simple binary choices.

I fully understand life is complicated and lots of things are not straightforward.

The question "are men generally stronger than women?" is not complicated and quite straightforward. The reason you wont answer is the complicated bit.

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

I fully understand life is complicated and lots of things are not straightforward.

The question "are men generally stronger than women?" is not complicated and quite straightforward. The reason you wont answer is the complicated bit.

I can post a study by Emma Hilton that proves they are.  But it would be nice to see an acknowledgment. 

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

I don't like this - a fair question if you want to go down that route asks if women who id as trans are stronger than men who do. Is that complicated?

11 minutes ago, A Red said:

The reason you're asking is not complicated at all: it's because you subscribe to Rico's daft "it's just a bloke in a dress" theory. Neither of you are prepared to debate stuff in good faith, so I've got little inclination to get into arguments with you.

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I can post a study by Emma Hilton that proves they are.  But it would be nice to see an acknowledgment. 

Ooh, look who's back. 

You never got around to explaining why "show that features nudity wins a minor award" fits into the Cancel Culture thread.