Quantcast
Which is the greatest horror sitcom - The Addams Family or The Munsters? - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tony Moanero

Which is the greatest horror sitcom - The Addams Family or The Munsters?

Which is the greatest horror sitcom - The Addams Family or The Munsters?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the greatest horror sitcom - The Addams Family or The Munsters?

• The Addams Family
    • The Munsters
    • Fuck off, Tony. I’ve not seen either of them. Stop living in the past, you cunt.

Always thought the Munsters was a cheap rip-off of the Addams Family , hadn't realised they premiered so closely together. Preferred TAF and it's theme tune was Sami's song so that'll do for me.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Always thought the Munsters was a cheap rip-off of the Addams Family , hadn't realised they premiered so closely together. Preferred TAF and it's theme tune was Sami's song so that'll do for me.

The Addams Family is much older, though, having first appeared in cartoon form in The New Yorker in the 1930s.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, redinblack62 said:

John Astin was a comic genius. Addams Family wins for me, though the Munsters was pretty good too

He's still alive and is 90 today. Didn't know his son is Sean Astin, the lad from the Goonies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Which had the best theme tune? Both belters. I'd say the Addams Family is more timeless, The Munsters more of its time. 

If I closed my eyes and listened to both, I would know that The Addams Family would have some link to monsters. The Munsters not at all.

8 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If I closed my eyes and listened to both, I would know that The Addams Family would have some link to monsters. The Munsters not at all.

The Munsters sounds like a 60s surf tune until the brass section kicks in.

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Stepson I believe.

There was a Film John Astin was in "Evil Roy Slade", hes a cowboy in it, its got some brilliant stuff in it.

Good to know hes still around.

• Upvote 2

There was a Film John Astin was in "Evil Roy Slade", hes a cowboy in it, its got some brilliant stuff in it.

Not seen that in a VERY long time.  

Became a cult film  when I was in school that one. ' Bing Bell '  is that the door ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1