You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I love the ellipsis in that tweet; it gives the impression that he's drafted lines and lines of profanity-strewn rebuttals and then thought better of it.

Yep. An art I struggle to master. 

12 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I called this about a month or two back when Rees-Mogg started the ‘As a god fearing catholic…’

Dark times.

I hope they go for it in a big way. Most people in this country won't go anywhere near that nonsense. It'll be another nail in their coffin. Abortion rights were an issue in the states for probably all my life. I don't recall it ever being a big deal politically here and certainly those voters who swing vote would not appear to be the type who would be more likely to vote Tory because of it. 

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

I think the public are less forgiving about women having a promiscuous sexual history, shouldn’t be the case but it is. 

Yeah true.

She seems to have the backing of the likes of the mail and the express. You can see red wall simpletons falling for her bollocks aswell.Simply tell people what they want to hear doesn't matter at all of its utter nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Sunak saying he's going to lead with "common sense Thatcherism" - which doesn't actually mean anything, it's just a selection of the favourite words of the aged whities who are going to vote.

Reminds me of the Family Guy episode years back when Lois ran for mayor of Quahog. To get the public on side she just had to say the words "Nine Eleven"!

Closer to the truth than it should be sadly!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

And also in the fine print is that we have to take Rwanda's most at risk asylum applicants.

Almost like we got mugged off again.

Oh, the money upfront was for space, training, infastructure and costs, every 'applicant' that goes over there will be charged as an additional cost.

The Rwanda thing is just about the headlines. They don't care if it works or not, bedroom tax was the same. that's why they picked Rwanda and not, say, Corsica or some shit. 

"Send them all to Rwanda!" * Said in a broad Essex accent *

They govern by headlines and their frontline troops at the media amplify it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Jeremy Hunt on GMB blaming Labour for the financial state of the NHS. Skillfully avoiding the fact that Conservatives have been in power for 12 years , and he was Health minister for 6 years. 

Did nobody pull the cunt up on it? Didn't he poo poo pandemic planning too