You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I literally pointed to where my uncle's comments from years ago had been brought up. Unreal.

Done with this now. Feel free to smear me as much as you like and it'll be cheered to the rafters as per.

A quote from a Liverpool mayor that I had no idea was related to you, doesn’t mention he was related to you and in no way tried to discredit you is no such thing. 

Again, for clarity I will repeat if that has happened it was wrong. 

But you haven’t given a single example of it. 

Stop being a fucking bellend. 

18 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I still want to know where Zahawi's wife got a 30 million pound unsecured loan from.

That is a decent amount of money to be handing over no strings attached.

I genuinely don't believe there has ever been a period  like the last 3 years or so.

The level of corruption,ineptitude,damage and chaos they have inflicted on the country is almost too much to comprehend.

Even now there is that much going on its hard to keep track off.

I don't care what anyone says, any normal person who votes for them in the next election needs their fucking head testing.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

How is that question relevant? Also did  you really think someone could provide you with a definitive answer. 

You're not alone their have been similar questions (like the one below) on social media all day. Ffs.

As an irrelevant aside,  the mural on Ojays profile pic is directly opposite the pub I frequent. More relevant is Ojay is 100% correct in his answer to the twitter troll. If you agree with his politics or not Drakefords a decent fella who deserves a certain degree of privacy after the death of his wife. 

Is that true? He adopted a lad with learning difficulties that went on to commit rape? Stronts, being the massive cunt he is, uses it to try score cheap points? He doesn't need his uncle to discredit him, he does a fine job of that himself,  pretty much all he's good at the cunt.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

Is that true? He adopted a lad with learning difficulties that went on to commit rape? Stronts, being the massive cunt he is, uses it to try score cheap points? He doesn't need his uncle to discredit him, he does a fine job of that himself,  pretty much all he's good at the cunt.

Fucking hell. This place. I just asked a question.

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Fucking hell. This place. I just asked a question.

In fairness I didn't reach that conclusion on just one post. I reckon there is a chance you genuinely can't see any issue with what you done, there is a name for people like that. 

34 minutes ago, No2 said:

Yes the first part of your post (about Drakefords adoption of a child with learning difficulties then going on to commit rape) is true. 

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

The Strontium effect.

It's like the Streisand effect - except it's used to ostensibly the draw attention away from something, but actually the intent is to attract more attention to a humblebrag.

I'm not entirely sure what went on here, but I think that Strontium's uncle's wife had a child with Mark Drakeford that ended up in jail. 

13 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

That’s exactly what you were trying to do and why you mentioned it.

It was a cunts trick and you know it. 

Poor timing more than anything for me. 

Playing Devil’s Advocate here but  what if he had said it about a Tory? 

I know the answer, and you know the answer, as does everybody who is kicking off knows the answer.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I genuinely don't believe there has ever been a period  like the last 3 years or so.

The level of corruption,ineptitude,damage and chaos they have inflicted on the country is almost too much to comprehend.

Even now there is that much going on its hard to keep track off.

I don't care what anyone says, any normal person who votes for them in the next election needs their fucking head testing.

I do wonder how much of the rampant present corrupt kleptocratic plundering is related to a few things:

a) because of the penury they have inflicted endlessly on younger generations ( who now make up a significant chunk of the working age population) they know there is a cohort coming through who will need a very different policy basis to the one they offer, so they are trying to loot as much as they can before that starts to shift

b) they have seen the same climate change related predictions as everyone else has and have decided that gross personal enrichment to protect their families future interests is the way to mitigate the impacts

c) these are the true belivers of the thatcherite/heyekian creed i.e. the individual is all, fuck the state, to the point where I'm going to give it nothing

d) the impact of the Russian oligarchs has given a template on how to successfully steal and loot a country's resources 

e) London is the center of international offshore finance so there are immediate firms and structures in place to enable the mass evasion and avoidance of redistribute mechanisms, whether that be tax, press scrutiny, potential incarceration 

f) Social acceptance, when all of your friends and acquaintances are taking the huge chunks out of the public pot for non-performing contracts or hiding tonnes of their wealth you start to think this is normal and not morally dubious

I once met a guy on a stag who was a 'wealth manager', I remember him saying at the time (in reference to his work) 'well someone's got to do it' in a slightly sheepish fashion after some of the other attendees were talking about their jobs in the public sector (usual bit about lack of resources and staff). I thought to myself- no, you don't actually have to do it, you could do thousands of other jobs, bit a psychological balm embraced by yourself and your peers will help

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Poor timing more than anything for me. 

Playing Devil’s Advocate here but  what if he had said it about a Tory? 

I know the answer, and you know the answer, as does everybody who is kicking off knows the answer.

And if someone had said it about a Tory he would be the 1st to pull them up.

It's the usual trick of saying something controversial and acting indignant when he was pulled up on it.

He isn't stupid, he knows what he said.

1 hour ago, Moctezuma said:

I do wonder how much of the rampant present corrupt kleptocratic plundering is related to a few things:

a) because of the penury they have inflicted endlessly on younger generations ( who now make up a significant chunk of the working age population) they know there is a cohort coming through who will need a very different policy basis to the one they offer, so they are trying to loot as much as they can before that starts to shift

b) they have seen the same climate change related predictions as everyone else has and have decided that gross personal enrichment to protect their families future interests is the way to mitigate the impacts

c) these are the true belivers of the thatcherite/heyekian creed i.e. the individual is all, fuck the state, to the point where I'm going to give it nothing

d) the impact of the Russian oligarchs has given a template on how to successfully steal and loot a country's resources 

e) London is the center of international offshore finance so there are immediate firms and structures in place to enable the mass evasion and avoidance of redistribute mechanisms, whether that be tax, press scrutiny, potential incarceration 

f) Social acceptance, when all of your friends and acquaintances are taking the huge chunks out of the public pot for non-performing contracts or hiding tonnes of their wealth you start to think this is normal and not morally dubious

I once met a guy on a stag who was a 'wealth manager', I remember him saying at the time (in reference to his work) 'well someone's got to do it' in a slightly sheepish fashion after some of the other attendees were talking about their jobs in the public sector (usual bit about lack of resources and staff). I thought to myself- no, you don't actually have to do it, you could do thousands of other jobs, bit a psychological balm embraced by yourself and your peers will help

I think there is a multitude of factors tbh

There is probally a widely held belief within the party that they can literally do what the fuck they want and x amount of people will vote for them regardless.

A millionaire was telling people to work for nothing and poor people reelected them.This probally bred a culture of entitlement which saw johnson come in and do whatever he pleased,knowing,or thinking he was untouchable. 

I think it was section who mentioned a while ago that the young generation now are going to be the 1st to grow up poorer Than their parents.

I get the scorched earth theory but Tories are used to being in power.

I struggle with the concept that they would happily relinquish it