You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Can you not get anyone quarantined in yer cottages for a fortnight?

I've got people arriving a few days after im due back, I cant risk being delayed.

This isnt Australia, we cant afford a lackadaisical attitude to things

1 minute ago, skaro said:

Why, do they have the vaccine?

Everyone that stays with us expects luxury and to be met by me in a white suit shimmying them to the door of their cottage whilst fountains each side of the gate erupt in a belaggio style. Fuck off. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A Red said:

Everyone that stays with us expects luxury and to be met by me in a white suit shimmying them to the door of their cottage whilst fountains each side of the gate erupt in a belaggio style. Fuck off. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDkjP0Y2AQ7x8KRiQDpxdmev-10975683.jpg

Panic buying has now started at our local supermarket. I understand canned foods as most people here shop every few days rather than keep a big larder. I also get the desire to buy hand soap but I cannot fathom why people are suddenly desperate to own a 6 month advance supply of toilet paper

On the matter of patients tested positive again, Zhong Nanshan's judgement is that the patients do achieve immunity and are not re-infected:

-  close contacts of recovered patients do not get infections

-  patients have produce IgG antibody which has strong killing effect on the virus, so chances of re-infection is pretty low 

-  Hong Kong medical experts tried to culture covid from 10+ such patients (recovered but positive again) in the P3 laboratory, but could do not so.

https://m.chinanews.com/wap/detail/zw/sh/2020/03-12/9122880.shtml

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

On the matter of patients tested positive again, Zhong Nanshan's judgement is that the patients do achieve immunity and are not re-infected:

-  close contacts of recovered patients do not get infections

-  patients have produce IgG antibody which has strong killing effect on the virus, so chances of re-infection is pretty low 

-  Hong Kong medical experts tried to culture covid from 10+ such patients (recovered but positive again) in the P3 laboratory, but could do not so.

https://m.chinanews.com/wap/detail/zw/sh/2020/03-12/9122880.shtml

Thanks for your posts, Phil. The evidence  of those working at the coal face make for very sobering reading

16 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What's everyone's employers been like?

So far, we've had one email  - a cut and paste job full of generic advice - and literally not one word specific to the work we do, our policies or anything. 

Ours has been OK. There's a dedicated page on the intranet with the latest company updates links to government info etc. There have been regular guidance emails as well- the latest one tells everyone only to travel if absolutely necessary and to arrange meetings via Skype instead of face to face. They will also start a rolling shutdown of the UK offices over the next week to test their continuity plans and that everyone is able to work from home OK. We're an IT company, and have had remote working in place for donkey's years, so I assume they're just checking that the network can cope with everyone working from home at once.