You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I think she might be the worst of the lot. 

TBF, at present the UK probably have the worst Cabinet there has ever been. 

Patel is horrific.  She’s just not bright enough and completely objectionable.  She reminds me of Mrs Umbridge In Harry Potter. 

(It’s also nice we can all join in calling someone a cunt without being accused of racism.  Because it’s obvious she’s fucking hopeless) 

• Upvote 2

'Where have you been for the last three weeks, Home Secretary?'

I've been working flat out. I've been working 3 days a week for the Home Office.

Wow, as NHS, social care and supermarket staff work unprecedented shifts, she is working part time and doing bare minimum.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

German news just had some Priest on from Berlin (Not sure of the denomination) banging on about why people should be allowed to fill his church and that he'll pray to God to protect them. The reporter said 'Well that's against the lockdown rules, so your congregation will have to stay at home and you can go in your Church, nobody is stopping you.' He wasn't pleased, the fucking nugget. 

From the Guardian live blog-

They are taking questions from the media now.

Patel, when pressed to apologise to NHS workers over a lack of personal protective equipment, couldn’t quite do it. She said:

"I’m sorry if people feel that there have been failings."

Horrendous cunt.

I didn't watch Patel, but I believe that she gave a non-apology re: PPE saying that she's "sorry if people feel there have been failings."

What a horrible slap in the face for the NHS staff who've gone out to help people but haven't had adequate PPE. It's equivalent to saying that we can hear you, we don't agree with you though so shut up and get on with your jobs. 

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

German news just had some Priest on from Berlin (Not sure of the denomination) banging on about why people should be allowed to fill his church and that he'll pray to God to protect them. The reporter said 'Well that's against the lockdown rules, so your congregation will have to stay at home and you can go in your Church, nobody is stopping you.' He wasn't pleased, the fucking nugget. 

To be fair to him, he's committed his entire life believing in fairy tales so it stands to reason he won't be very logical.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Patel is horrific.  She’s just not bright enough and completely objectionable.  She reminds me of Mrs Umbridge In Harry Potter. 

(It’s also nice we can all join in calling someone a cunt without being accused of racism.  Because it’s obvious she’s fucking hopeless) 

Would though

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Did Patel correct herself after saying that number or carry on as if nothing had happened? And did anyone from the media point out the mistake if so?

They aren't allowed to question them like that remember. 

20 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

That would be the same god that has foisted this pisser of a virus upon the global populace indiscriminately, despite all the prayers in his name.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This unfortunately is exactly where Govt retains so much power. They have lied over things for decades and hardly any Govt has ever fallen over it. How many people genuinely think that politicians tell the truth? More importantly, how many actually care about whether they do? They are obviously lying over things to do with this and people should care. I do, that's why I am absolutely staying in the vast majority of the time, cleaning things often, donating where I can etc.

I know they hardly ever face any problems for lying all the time. I'm just hoping that something changes shortly because we're having around 1000 deaths a day announced which isn't normal at all, clearly.

I'm not expecting public revolt or some type of revolution, just for something significant to change in our response to what's happening. So maybe me talking about uproar was too strong a word to use, and reflected my state of mind earlier more than it did anything else. Maybe I'm just freaking out as we hit the peak too, but hopefully we don't carry on like this if these death figures don't lessen in a big way over the next week or so.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Just carried on. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They aren't allowed to question them like that remember. 

Haha, fucking crazy. Mad how you could read out that number in a situation like this and not even correct yourself then have the media stay quiet too.