Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 289 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

10 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

To be fair mate, you are looking at Melbourne in lock down, versus a future state of London that could be who knows what. 

I know. It was lovely today.. we were just sat at the park catching rays, socially distanced from everyone else. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ``` said:

Both hilarious and absolutely terrifying in one.

Good for them. Is this you, Spybee?

I read a conspiracy theory yesterday it was a cover up because the worlds elite are about to be, or have just been, arrested for kiddy fiddling.  

4 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

And do GM and Ford even have the capabilities to make ventilators? 

What an odd tweet, even for trump..... 

Hes trying to cover the fact that he said the virus was nothing and it would all be over soon, and did fuck all.

832 new deaths in Spain.

From what I've heard and seen from there today, it's grim as fuck.

Figures could be the tip of the iceberg as below suggests:

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2020-03-28/coronavirus-death-toll-in-spain-reaches-5690-but-real-figure-could-be-higher.html

Underreporting of deaths

A document by the Carlos III public health institute which EL PAÍS has seen took recent civil registry death records and compared them with the average number of deaths in Spain’s regions since 2008, finding significant surges in deaths in Madrid, Castilla-La Mancha and Castilla y León during this month of March. Yet many of those deaths, even when coronavirus symptoms were present, did not get added to the national tally because no formal test was ever conducted on the victims.

Regional governments only notify the Health Ministry about a coronavirus death if the patient was previously tested and the test came back positive, said two health officials at two regional governments. “This leaves out many people who died in residences or in their own homes, and who were never tested,” said one of these sources.

This means that the figures offered daily by Fernando Simón, the head of Spain’s health emergency coordination center, are only providing a partial picture of the true extent of the pandemic.

“We already knew that the real number of infections is much higher than what is being detected. Now we are discovering that the number of deaths is also much higher,” said Daniel López Acuña, a former official at the World Health Organization (WHO) who currently teaches at the Andalusia School of Public Health.

Prof Neil Ferguson of Imperial College, who developed the modelling used by the government, says it takes time before any measures, such as social distancing, have an effect.

This arsehole needs holding to account when this is all over. 

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Prof Neil Ferguson of Imperial College, who developed the modelling used by the government, says it takes time before any measures, such as social distancing, have an effect.

Our own government can't adhere to social distancing, let alone the poor fuckers who have no choice as they are trying to feed their families.

Can you tell I'm on the warpath today?

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Our own government can't adhere to social distancing, let alone the poor fuckers who have no choice as they are trying to feed their families.

I like it. We need a warpath because there is so much dangerous misinformation coming out from Government lapdogs the BBC, Torygraph etc.

Does anyone actually have any figures or estimates how much higher the death toll goes if you add suspected Corona deaths (not tested, not died in hospitals)? For example, Italy alone had about 660,000 deaths last year, which would suggest some 55,000 people would have died during the pandemic in the past 30 days without Corona virus, when Corona deaths are listed at over 9,000.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

It's a fair point. 

I've seen numerous dickheads over the past days who are dressed like an extra from Contagion but are walking past people at distances closer to six inches rather than six foot. 

I walked in the main road earlier (it wasn't busy) as people on the pavements aren't making the effort to keep a distance from each other. 

24 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

You mean like an actual lockdown unlike the sham one we're currently in?

Yes, not the type where people are cramming into beauty spots by the hundreds. 

33 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I think you have the perfect qualifications to take the Professor (of Imperial College) to task.  I mean, there’s a chance he’ll be wrong, but why didn’t they approach you? You were obviously the man for the job.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Does anyone actually have any figures or estimates how much higher the death toll goes if you add suspected Corona deaths (not tested, not died in hospitals)? For example, Italy alone had about 660,000 deaths last year, which would suggest some 55,000 people would have died during the pandemic in the past 30 days without Corona virus, when Corona deaths are listed at over 9,000.

Saw this yesterday. Very insightful.

• Upvote 1

On 27/03/2020 at 21:21, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Hat, moustache and a fag on even when his picture's taken - you're grandad looks like a legend. The slightly disheveled collar only adds to the charm.

Really hoping I age like that.

Cheers for that.

I met him when he was 75 and I was 8.

He was uncomplicated.

• Upvote 1