You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup

El Rojo

I'd want us to get past the bitters come what may. After that, my opinion will probably shift depending on our schedule. The 3rd Round is next weekend, and the 4th Round takes place towards the end of January. There are no FA Cup fixtures in February. The 5th Round takes place in early March, and the Quarter Finals take place later on that month. The Semis are around mid-April, and the Final is on May 23rd. From the 5th Round onwards, there are no replays.

Absolute priority must go to the league however.

8 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Adrian

Hoever

Matip/Lovren (whoever’s fit)

Phillips

Milner

Fabinho

Lallana

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Shaqiri

Minamino

Origi

Or....

Take it seriously and try to win it, because we're not tournament-swerving shithouses.

Everton will be up for it, so we have to be. 

Allison will probably start, I see no need to take him out of it and Adrian has already played plenty.  No need to throw games at him for the sake of it.

Expecting the full backs to rotate. Williams or Hoever, possibly Milner. Wouldn't mind another look at Gallacher personally, but unlikely.

Expecting first team centre backs, unless Virgil needs the rest - in which case Phillips in.

Lallana, Henderson and Jones in midfield, although wouldn't be shocked if we stick with Keita.

Origi and Shaq will play since they are obviously good enough.

One of Mane or Salah.

Minamino and Elliott on the bench.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, same as last year when we won the CL. Or the year before when we went to the final. Or the year before when we went to the Europa and the League Cup final.

It's what he does.

Not sure why you're bringing the European games into it for. 

You definitely missed him giving todays opponents a  bye in this piece of shit last year though. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

Why is it a piece of shit?

Why should I give a fuck about a tournament the club nor manager doesn't? 

People need to wake up and realise it's not the 90s,  top premier League clubs care about the league and Europe. 

Like fuck am I gonna be bothered when klopp gives some shite team a bye in this,  again. 

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Grinch said:

People need to wake up and realise it's not the 90s,  top premier League clubs care about the league and Europe. 

Like fuck am I gonna be bothered when klopp gives some shite team a bye in this,  again. 

I wouldn’t say it’s ‘shit’, but it is certainly a competition you should use as an opportunity to rest most of your players in if you have more important things to go for and don’t possess Man City level resources.

The fact that Championship clubs regularly use it as an opportunity for a rest tells you all you need to know about its status in today’s game. I’m sure we’ll get people shaking their heads and bemoaning the loss of the cup’s “magic” but the stock that used to be places in it was always an outlier compared to the rest of Europe.

14 minutes ago, Grinch said:

You make it sound like top clubs wanting to win the league and European Cup/Champions League is a new thing.

We’ve drawn Everton, this year. They need knocking out.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

The Tottenham game is almost a week later.

It is, but Sheffield United is three days before and we’ve just ground out a win while looking completely knackered. I just don’t see any point in risking injuries in a lesser competition when there’s the opportunity for recuperation at the end of this ridiculous run of fixtures. Yeah, it’s Everton but it’s the FA Cup; not worth jeopardising our progress in the top competitions for.

I'll be honest lads. It's not just the FA cup I'd sacrifice this season. I'd sacrifice the CL at this stage. We absolutely need to get this 30 year monkey off our back and from here on in nothing should come in the way of it*

*I'm aware I wanted the World cup this year but that was another thing we needed to win imo. 

• Upvote 1